Hot and Cold at same time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Don't know if this is menopause symptom or FMS/CFS

I get my period now a couple times of year

I feel like I am getting it soon (bloating, breast tenderness)

Last night, I was sitting on the porch and fine - then, couldn't warm up. It was 75 in my house, and I was still cold

In bed that night, I was hot AND cold and the same time. I thought I was getting sick, but no.
    I was freezing b4 I fell asleep, then woke up sooooo hot. No fever or anything.

I believe this has happened b4 with onset of my period

Has anyone else had this?
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm beyond menopause, and have those symptoms. Crawl into bed because I'm cold; then start to feel hot, so put ice on my back. It can go back & forth & seems sometimes to be right together.

3. jole

jole Member

I have been this way for the past 6 years! All my tests have come back negative, and every doctor I mention it to give me different "answers". All of them meaning they have no clue! One even had the gall to tell me, "Of course, you're a woman, aren't you?"

Well yes, I am, but didn't even go through anything this bad during menopause. I can be sooo cold when it's 90 out that I need a blanket around me, and 10 minutes later sweating profusely. Or freezing in the winter with the thermostat set on 75 and me wearing two shirts and a jacket in the house!

A lot of mine depends on my pain level...the worse pain, the colder I am. I've also noticed if I take Tramadol for pain relief when it kicks in I get very hot. Just a few things I've picked up on....yes, our systems are out of kilter...but docs just don't get it! ***Jole***
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

At least I know I am not alone

It is very annoying! I keep turning my thermostat up and down all day

Annoys the heck out of my husband
  5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Feels like a hot flush through the body. Shortly after can feel cold.

I've learned not to bother with changing the room temp cause my warm/cold feelings change so often.

You're not alone

6. anj211

anj211 New Member

hi i also get this i have woke up in my bed in the morning absolutely freezing with a quilt around me. I am currently going through the menopause also last period was in july last year i also get times when i get the opposite and feel really hot at the moment the cold sensations are getting very frequent.