Hot and cold?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by medic2006, Feb 5, 2006.

1. medic2006

medic2006 New Member

One thing I've noticed recently (meaning last 6 months or so) is that, temperature-wise, I'm almost never comfortable. I'm always either really hot or pretty cold. Or worse, am hot but my feet and hands are freezing.

My doctor was clueless about it (it's not thyroid). It's not my worst symptom, really, but I was curious if anyone else felt this?
    [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2006]
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Sometimes I cant get warm. I call it cold in my bones. Some days at my nap, I have to put on socks and still stay cold. Then at night when we go to bed, I burn up until the wee hours of the morning when I wake up and put some covers on.

Suzette
  3. AngieSW

AngieSW New Member

Oh yeah, this is something I experience very frequently. I can be warm, but, for example, my thighs feel like ice cubes, or my feet and hands. A brisk walk on my treadmill for about 10 or 15 minutes will help me to get warm all over. Is it a circulation problem?
  4. medic2006

medic2006 New Member

How interesting to read your replies!

Dianna, what surprises me is that I've never really felt that way before, so I'm wondering if it's the FMS or the CFS or what.

Pemaw, I feel the same way, that when I get chilled I just cannot for the life of me warm up again!

Angie, I'd think it's a circulation problem when it's just cold extremities, but my flushed-to-shivering swings are not quite explained by that. So who knows, right?
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

but I have temperature changes one minute 100.4 the next is is 98.1!
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I just can't seem to get comfortable, I'm either too hot and go to too cold. Like Jane I too take my temps and they change all the time...what a crazy disease we have.
    Ann
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have had cold hands and feet for years....the fibro....and I experience temp changes also.

But, I am 53 and going thru "THE CHANGE" also.

I was on premerin for years....but now in Florida the doc has taken me off... because I have a high chance of breast cancer.

I take an over the counter estrogen. It really works. I didn't know how well.... until I ran out for two weeks....BOY the "hot" one minute and "cold" the next!!

But, as soon as I went back on the herbal/vitamin blend I rarely feel the hot flashes at all. THANK GOD!!

It was as though my skin was on fire. I could go from normal to HOT in a second.

You should have seen the covers fly off of me at night!!

Mari
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

Me, I am the SAME way
  9. CASA02

CASA02 New Member

BUT...I CAN'T TELL WHICH I AM - IT IS LIKE I DON'T HAVE A THERMOSTAT AT ALL - I THINK IT IS COLD (OR I THINK I FEEL COLD) BUT THEN IF I FEEL MY FOREHEAD OR NECK, I AM SWEATING - AND SAME WITH HOT - I THINK I AM HOT, FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE SWEATING, BUT MY HANDS OR FEET ARE COOL/COLD TO THE TOUCH - I TOO SOMETIMES FEEL REALLY COLD 'IN MY BONES' AS I TELL THE FAMILY, BUT IT IS NOT THE "OLD WAY" OF FEELING HOT/COLD - I HAVE JUST CHALKED IT UP TO MORE FIBRO ISSUES, BUT SOMETIMES IT CAN REALLY DRAG YA DOWN
  10. MKlady

MKlady New Member

Sometimes so hot I can hardly stand it - sometimes so cold I have two blankets on. Hands and feet cold all the time - even with thyroid meds. Just don't seem to have a thermostat at all!

I'm 54 but my blood tests don't show indications of menopause yet - so doesn't seem to be related.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and some of the more knowledgable ones here could tell you why it happens.Mine tend to happen when I've overdone.Linda
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Except I would far rather be cold than HOT which happens with no warning at all and far more often than being very cold. I want to move where it is dry and cool. When we were in Bend, OR and Mt. Shasta, CA, it was cold and dry and I was not nearly as sweaty as I am at home. I hate to be doing something and start dripping sweat! Hate it!

So, you're not alone. Yes, my feet are cold a lot and some of that may be the beta blocker I take for blood pressure, but I think it's also part of FM.

Sigh...no, you're not alone.

Sweaty Sue