Hot flashes been through menapuse years ago

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Does anyone have a hard time controling there body temptures. I know it is not hot flashes as I been through menapause years ago. I know this is part of fibro but this is kind of different. I do not want to do the hormone therpy as I have did this in the past. Anyone else have this problem and if you do is there anything you can do for it.
    Thanks Charleen
  2. LaQuiet

LaQuiet New Member

.. through menopause in 1998 and now get the hot flashes from Ultram.. Are you taking Ultram? (tramadol) Because it does say on the little sheet that walgreens give you that it WILL cause hot flashes..
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Effexor was the worst, but others cause it, too.

I don't know what advice to give you...just a side effect.

Narcotic pain relievers can also cause heating up. So many meds have this effect.

Anyway, best wishes on a good outcome.

Carry a towel! (-:

Sue
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

Very interesting...I am smack in the middle of menapause and instead of just getting hot flashes...I get major heat waves that last for about 20 mins. and always run a low grade fever. I have a fan in my office and over my bed. Big time sweating and all that comes with it too! I take Tramadol all day and never knew it could be causing it. I still rather have the heat than the pain. I am just not looking forward to the summer !! I am on HRT patches and am scared of breast cancer...any suggestions...I already tried all the over the counter and natural stuff.

jmq
  5. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

Been through menopause 4 years ago - no hot flashes at all, then all of a sudden, wham - I feel like a furnace. it is nothing to with a FLASH at all. I was thinking it could be the meds i take for the heart rythum. I am going to be investigating this.

Even when I am boiling, my body temperature is still about 97.1 and it is usally 96.2
  6. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am burning up on this Lyrica crap (among feeling drunk).
  7. MsE

MsE New Member

I just talked to my doc about this a few weeks ago because I'm 72 and past all that stuff. Or, so I thought.

He advised me that some hormonal upheavals (spell that night sweats and hot flashes) have come back to plague other patients he has and just added me to his list of elderly princesses.
  8. ask2266

ask2266 Member

i get hot surges and night sweats often from CFIDS. I'm not in menopause... yet.
  9. LACurrry

LACurrry New Member

I get night sweats and day sweats....LOL. During the day I will just break out into a sweat....I can be outside in the Indiana winter with no coat on and just drip with sweat. I notice it more after a shower for some reason??? Strange....and I cannot stand it.
  10. TallMOM

TallMOM New Member

Thank you Charleen for the post. I thought I was the only person that over heats. I keep the house cold until, my family gets home. We live in MI. so we have cold and snow, and no one understands why I wear tank tops in the winter.

I may try changing med on my next office visit.
    Thank you
    Janet

[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2007]