Hot, sore hands?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by kellyann, Aug 11, 2003.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I am wondering if any of you have the same problems with your hands. The palms of my hands get really hot and my wrists, back of my hand, and thumb hurt on both sides. Is this FM? I am sore all over most of the time, but my hands seem to be getting worse.
    Thanks!
    Kellyann
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

My hands feel sore, achey and stiff most of the time, but not hot.
  3. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

Both my hands and my feet feel unbearably hot sometimes, and my wrists and fingers hurt. My thumbs, forefingers, and big toes get numb and tingly sometimes. My hands definitely seem to be getting worse, too. So I feel it, too, but I don't know what it is or why or what to do about it.
  4. IacheIache

IacheIache New Member

Yes, my Dr. says it is FM.
    It all started in my hands.
    HOT, burning,numb tingling ect.ect.....
    I do use a wrist splint sometimes, and that helps. Stabilizes your wrist.
    Also I got this glove (out of my mom and dads AARP magazine)
    that you put in the microwave or the freezer, depending on what feels better to you. That helps me so much.
    I also soak them, hot or cool, depending.
    Yes!!!! Yet another symptom of Fibromyalgia.
    Hugs.
    ~Thea~
  5. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi Kellyann,

I get hot swollen feet. It fells like they are under a get deal of pressure. It is sort of imbarassing as I have a very pale complection. (It's like "here comes Rachels feet!)
    They also get a burnning sensation, a lot. I figured it was a FM thing.

Soaking them in cool water or putting aloe vera gel on them gives me some relief.

Your not alone.

Rachel
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2003]
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I guess it probably is more of the fm. Seems like it's never ending doesn't it? I stand at my sink and run cold water over them quite often. It seems to help some. I hope you all are feeling well today!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  7. marushka80

marushka80 New Member

HI,
    I have the same problem. B.F.(before Fibro) I had the coldest hands imaginable, and I was always freezing. If I was feeling comfortable in a room you can be guaranteed that everyone else was roasting. Now I am warm all the time, this disease seems to change everything, and nothing is ever as it used to be. I too think it is a prewarning of an imminent flare attack. I find that hot water helps a lot, and suddenly washing dishes by hand becomes a good thing! lol I also found that craft gloves called Hand Aids help a lot too and are absolutely necessary if I try to do a lot of writing, quilting, cross stitching, and even for days when I do a lot of keyboarding. They are available at craft stores like Michael's or Joanne's, but I get mine at Wal*mart since they are cheaper there and money seems to always be a factor in these A.F. (after fibro) days! I also use wrist braces on days when the carpal tunnel symptoms are severe, but they are inconvenient and make the wrists even hotter! Cold water helps take the heat out, but unfortunately with Reynaud's cold is worse for me. Hope this helps!
    Mary
  8. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

HI kELLYANN
    I also suffer from this and its so hard to explain to people how HOT it actually is!!!!!!
    I feel like i am at boiling point and my hands wrists and arms are soooooo sore and painful and i can find nothing to relieve the pain.
    I tried ice but 2 mins later its the same.And here in uk we are having such hot weather and we are not used to it so its killing me lol.I find i cant open hands to pick up a glass or cup without severe pain and docs thought i had carpal tunnel but say its osteo arthritis now but i thought warmer weather was supposed to help arthritis????
    My palms are like fire all the time!!!I also get the stiffness and pain.
    Wishing you cool days lol
    RENA UK

9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have lots of those craft gloves they sell at walmart, they help. I also have some that are just like the craft gloves, except they have a velcro strap that goes around the wrist. I like those better, they keep my hands from falling asleep at night from carpal tunnel. Always something.
    Kellyann