hot spots

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahfemme, Apr 24, 2003.

1. sarahfemme

sarahfemme New Member

Ds anyone else get "hot spots"-area of skin where the surface is exquisitely sensitive to touch and pressure? I generaly get them on my arms, though I've gotten them other places as well. When they do occur, wearing a shirt or clothing that touches them is agony. I don't know what to do about this, but it is a real problem. Any suggestions?

-Sarah
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yes, I have had areas that are extra sensitive to touch and pressure. Not long ago I had an area on my right thigh and side that was very sensitive for a couple of days. It bothered me to wear clothes on those days, so I just had to find things that were extra comfortable and loose for those days. Fortunately, it doesn't happen all the time. I guess just another thing that happens with FM.

Ellen
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

sometimes I break out a little ice for the couple I get on my arm. Do you guys remember MooMoos? (its like a big shift to wear.) I break outa moomoo or shift to wear so I do not have much laying on my skin.

Hope this helps..and hope it passes soon. I find that mine come and go as do so many of my symptoms.

Good luck! ..Sherry
  4. jka

jka New Member

i get them alot.i wear really loose,baggie clothes.you might try a warm soak in the bath with epson salt&peroxide.do it just before bed- it can really wipe you out.i haven't anything that works well.i just ride it out.i do also have a full body massager and heater. it helps some.

kathy c