Hot, swollen,painful hands and feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellyann, Apr 3, 2006.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Lately my hands and feet have been so swollen. My hands hurt so bad(every joint hurts) and get really hot. Does anyone else's hands do this? My rings are almost cutting off the circulation in my fingers. My feet are real swollen at night and itch so bad. It feels like I have ants crawling and biting inside my feet.
    I am still on high doses of antibiotics for lyme. And I still feel terrible. I wonder if the antibiotics have something to do with my hand and foot problems?
    Thanks!
    Kellyann
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I, too, often have swollen hands and feet. Especially my feet. When I take my shoes off, I can see the indentations in my feet-especially my left foot. I often have pain in my feet and hands and my feet often itch. I don't have problems with them feeling hot. I often have ice cold hands and feet.

I really don't know if antibiotics could do this or not. You might check with your doctor. I have never heard of them causing this type of reaction.

Ellen
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My hands are never cold anymore. They have been burning hot lately. It hurts awful to hold something cold like a can of soda. I do need to go to the doctor, but I feel too yucky to go. I think I'll try some asprin to see if I can get the inflamation to go down in my hands. I hate this so bad. I can't work on my quilts, I love to sew. I have several baby quilts planned for my grandbabies, and I just want to work on them. I hate being sick so bad, as I am sure everyone else on this board does too! I want my life back!
    Take Care Ellen, and I hope you are feeling good today!
    Kellyann