hot tub reimbursement from insurance company?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moosefollower, May 30, 2003.

1. moosefollower

moosefollower New Member

hi....i am wondering if anyone out there has been reimbursed by their insurance company for buying a hot tub. my doctors want me in a therapeutic aqua pool but there is not a public pool in my remote area where i live. So we are looking into hot tubs. I am on LTD through my fomer employer. I cannot afford this great expense!!! Any feedback will be appreciated. I have FMS,MPS,CFS, and degenerative disc disease,carpel tunnel, tendonitis, and more issues.....
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi welcome to the board. I did read of a few of our members having the insurance pay for the hot tubs. You do have a big chance of getting one they cover as long as your doctor recommends it.

Good luck, and again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. aryiella

aryiella New Member

I posted this to another thread, so in case you missed it.

Another option 05/31/03 12:08 AM

I was trying to figure out a way to use a hot tub myself. Check out your local YMCA. The main one here in downtown Pittsburgh has one, and you can purchase a day pass for $15, or you can just get a membership for like $50/mo. If you used it once a week it would probably be worth it.

Also check out your local Arthritis Foundation chapter. Some local ones may have warm water programs.

Good luck,
    Holly
  4. Suzan

Suzan New Member

We just added a hot tub to our house, and the only time I am not in pain at all is when I am in it! I can't always used the jets, sometimes they are just too painful, but that much warm water ( 101) is just lovely to sit in! I am going to ask my doc about a prescription..for the tax deduction if not insurance coverage. Good luck to you!
  5. moosefollower

moosefollower New Member

i want to thank all of you for the feedback concerning my question of insurance reimbursement for a hot tub...i will continue to look into it with my insurace carrier.....thanks again!!!!