Hot Tubs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srh, Apr 14, 2006.

1. srh

srh New Member

We have a hot tub. Before we got it I had tried one at the motel a few times and they always made me hurt.
    Everyone said no, that's different, this won't.

Well it's a long story, but we got such a good deal, we went for it.

It helps in the very beginning when i get in for awhile. Then it makes me hurt again.

I have FM and RA both.

Have any of you had this experience? Everyone talks about long baths. But I haven't heard on hot tubs.
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I can only stay in a hot tub for about 10 minutes because of the hot temperature of the water. The hottest I can tolerate without neuropathy acting up is about 95. You also need to make sure and stay hydrated because you sweat a lot and may not know it.
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I have a hot tub and have had it for six yrs now ,Its on my deck and my son just cleaned it and started it up for me again 2 days ago, don"t use in the winter, what I have found alot of tubs are sit at 102. but I keep mine at 99-100 and I don"t get that fatique feeling from it also I don"t stay in it longer than 20 mins at a time. Sixtyslady
  4. srh

srh New Member

We only have ours set at 97 but I start hurting after about 5 -10 minutes.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering.
  5. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

WakeMeUp has made a good point here. What else is in the water besides water and you????

If you have the temp. at an appropriate level and do not stay in too long, is there something else that could make you hurt????

Do you add any chemicals at all?? Is the tub surgically clean???

I started hydrotherapy at a local salt water pool and, while I really loved the therapy, I had to stop because the reasonably low level of chemicals they added to the water made me quite ill. This was a pool designed to treat sick people, but even their low levels were too high for me. Good luck.
  6. srh

srh New Member

Thanks everybody.