Hot weather here in Cleveland---flare up time :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, May 24, 2010.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Sometimes I feel that FM and MS are closely related when it comes to hot, humid weather. I dread the summertime here in Cleveland. I am close to the lake and we get hot, sticky humid days where I feel like my fatigue level is so dramtically affected.

People who have MS, (I know three people who do) seem to always dread this kind of weather. The weakness and fatigue that comes along with MS is so similar to what I feel having FM.

I'm so fatigued and the thought of changing my screens on my doors for summertime is making me so crabby. I don't want to do it, but must. I'm not a big fan of air conditioning either, but I will not hesitate to turn it on this week if it gets any hotter.

I better go now, need to lay down, just venting. Hugs, Chelz.
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I am 100% with you. For me, hot, humid weather makes me feel much worse.

This past winter was actually pretty good for me, even though it was a bit colder than normal (I'm in north Florida, so take that with a grain of salt!), but as soon as the temperatures his the 80s, I started flaring.

3. Elisa

Elisa Member

I'm in the Cleveland area too. Ugh so sticky and no air here today...

I totally agree with your observation - I feel like a flat tire in this weather - on top of the aready overwhelming fatigue.

Hang in there - get the screens out and get good cross ventilation that will help - lots of air moving.

God Bless,

We should start a Cleveland area ME/CFS/FM group...Do you go on Facebook? I could start one there?

[This Message was Edited on 05/24/2010]
  4. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I live in oklahoma...the humidity is awful. We had been having temps in the mid 70s but it was so humid we had to turn the a/c on. Now its 90 humid degrees. I think drier air would feel better. My a/c hasnt been off for weeks. Even when it was chilly enough to turn the heat on at night we needed a/c during the day. My bills are going to be astronomical!
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

we went from the low fifties last week to the low nineties this week (& very humid) stinks!!

I hurt more when it is colder, but at least I can usually function somewhat.....when it gets this hot I feel like I turn into a noodle - seriously that's the best way I can describe it.....just like my bones and muscles are no longer really solid (so rubbery and weak).....and I get so nauseous and exhausted and absolutely miserable.....& I used to really love the summer

I have read about cooling vests that people with MS use, though, and I am seriously thinking about trying to get one.....problems are that they are expensive and I am not sure about the sizing (it never fails that if I order something clothing wise online, it does not fit rt, and I don't have the money for postage or the energy to keep going to the PO to send the wrong size back and get a new one)....still I am starting to think that it is going to be a must this yr - just cannot function at all in the heat
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2010]
  6. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi Elisa!! I do not go on Facebook, I only have enough energy to go on this board. I liked your description of feeling like a "flat Tire" in this heat. That is exactly the way I feel. So sad, because I really did used to like summertime, but I swear, after I turned 40, and having FM, I just can't stand the humidity and the heat.

I don't know what turing 40 has to do with it, I guess I just have less tolerance for the heat after this age. I used to go to a support groups (a small one) out in Parma Ohio a few years back. I haven't gone to one since 2004 when I started working full time again. It is just so hard to show up for the support groups. Showing up in person, when you are able to, really is the best way to get support and human interaction, I really don't find that kind of thing on Facebook, but thanks so much for the offer. Keep Kool!!!!!! Hugs, Chelz.