Hour Long Radio Program Dedicated to CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoenixrising2, Feb 2, 2007.

1. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

I received this from the CFIDS Assoc. of America this morning.

NPR Affiliate Dedicates Hour to CFS

Listen In! Take Action!

Hour-long radio program on CFS

On February 1, WFAE-FM (90.7) dedicated its hour-long "Charlotte Talks" program to CFS. Guests Dr. Charles Lapp, Dr. Laura Black and Kim McCleary talked with host Mike Collins about the push for recognition of CFS and its diagnosis, treatment and impact. The program is now available on the station's web site at http://www.wfae.org/wfae/nav1024.cfm?cat=18&subcat=93

Please use our easy form to thank Mike Collins and producers Wendy Braatz Herkey and Tim Ross for bringing this information to WFAE's listeners in 22 counties across the Charlotte, NC region. Collins and Braatz Herkey also arranged for Dr. Black and Kim McCleary to appear on "Charlotte Now," a 30-minute TV program that will air this Sunday night at 10:30 p.m. in Charlotte on WJZY (Channel 36). Other Charlotte media events are listed at http://www.cfids.org/advocacy/2007/gac_013107.asp; more are in the works, some of which have been rescheduled due to winter weather that affected the Charlotte area on Feb. 1.

CFIDS Assoc. of America
    P.O. Box 220398
    Charlotte NC 28222-0398
    www.cfids.org

Hugs, Phoenix

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2007]
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Phoenix:

Thank you for posting that wealth of information.

I have put it in my 'study book'.

Once again, thank you.

nyrofan
  3. phoenixrising2

You are very welcome! I'm just excited that the word is getting out about us and we are being taken seriously. They gave us a whole hour and it was good information.

Hugs,
    Phoenix
  4. phoenixrising2

You're both welcome.

I'm glad I could be of help. I think it's so important that we know the word IS getting out there about us. It feels so good to get some validation!