HOUSE lastnite...Celiac's disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, May 10, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Did anyone see lastnite's episode of House???

Seizures, spasms, trying to kill her newborn son...None of the testing helped with the diagnosis UNTIL the baby died, he was unable to absord nutrients and his potassium or calcium was high or low and couldn't be controlled (MY GOODNESS, the fog this morning makes me unable to remember the FACTS, also I know these medical issues and can't remember them)

House decided to test the baby's intestines, the scope went in and the diagnosis of Celiac's was made...

I know many of us suffer with this disease, I had researched it after my Crohn's diagnosis a few months back. I felt it is a BIG issue that is seldom addressed but if we are not able to absorb nutrients, that should be the #1 priority...

Also, three or four weeks ago, he diagnosed a tick-borne illness (not Lyme, he tested for lyme), found the tick in her private area...

House may be cocky with an attitude of holier than thow (sp?,can't remember how to spell it,duh)but that comes with the territory of giving a damn and caring enough to find the answers...

I would be his patient any day!!!

~Alicia
  2. Butterfly23

Butterfly23 New Member

It was a sad one. About the celiac disease, a friend of mine thought I might have the signs of it. I suffer from Fybro and Costochridis. I do think that what I eat effects some of my pain. Celiac patients cannot eat wheat. I would love House crew make me better, the pain is so bad right now.