Housecleaning site for disabled.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, Dec 7, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

A long time ago someone mentioned a site that had suggestions for cleaning house if you are disabled. I went on the site and it had tips for housecleaning broken down in very small steps, but nevertheless, helpful.

I can not remember the name of this site. Does anyone else remember it or have another site which would have useful information like this?

Thanks in advance.

2. teacher

teacher New Member

but try this one:

A lot of people seem to like this one.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks sooooo much!! I could not remember the name. In fact, I did not even get close.

Thanks again.

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wow, thanks!! I appreciate the link. You are very resourceful.

Here is a bump by popular request, LOL!!

5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I have goats that help to clean this house...

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have heard they eat trash and come in handy if you do not have a lawn mower.

How much do they charge? I can see them vacuuming around the house wearing a little apron. Do they bring their own cleaning supplies?

More importantly, will they do windows?

Please explain as I can't stop laughing, it is starting to hurt and you may be serious!!

8. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

The Christmas Goats

The Christmas Goat is one of the oldest Scandinavian and Northern European Yule and Christmas symbols and traditions. A goat figure made out of straw was used in the custom of going door-to-door singing carols and getting food and drinks in return, often fruit, cakes and sweets. "Going Christmas Goat" is similar to the British custom of wassailing.

Its origins might go as far back as to pre-Christian days, where goats were connected to the Norse god Thor, who rode the sky in a chariot drawn by two goats.

In Scandinavia, people thought of the Christmas Goat as an invisible creature that would appear some time before Christmas to make sure that the Christmas preparations were done right. During the 19th century its role shifted towards becoming the giver of Christmas gifts, in Finland as well as the rest of Scandinavia, with one of the men in the family dressing up as the Christmas Goat. The goat was replaced by (Father Christmas/Santa Claus) at the end of the century.

The Christmas Goat is nowadays best known as a Christmas ornament, a figure, often made out of straw or roughly-hewn wood. In older Scandinavian society a popular prank was to place the Yule Goat in a neighbour's house without them noticing; the family successfully pranked had to get rid of it in the same way. The modern version of the Christmas Goat figure is a decorative goat made out of straw and bound with red ribbons, a popular Christmas ornament often found under the Christmas tree.

9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks Jean and F4AC. I love to learn new things like this. I think I may have heard this radio broadcast when I was traveling over the weekend. It was about different customs for Christmas around the world.I did not get to hear all of it. It was very interesting and was thinking of downloading the program. But then this is the season for shows like this. I love NPR!!

I'll check to see if it is the same program.

Now I know if a straw goat shows up at my door, It's not because of a wee bit too much spiked eggnog!!

[This Message was Edited on 12/23/2009]
  10. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! If that happens, make sure it does all of your work for you this Holiday season, lol, heck, keep them all year around!!! Ha ha!

I still do not know how to make Eggnog, the unspiked version that is. Got a recipe?

Fight! :)
  11. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are great! I enjoy how I can be myself on here and that the joy keeps on going!

Thanks! I've been much depressed this year, and I'm so glad I'm back. I missed you all so much!

Fight :)