How about hoodia?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Denamay, May 12, 2007.

1. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I need to knock of about 25 pounds for health reasons.

I have already lost 30 pound over the past few years but have been at a standstill for over two years.

I bought some hoodia to try,it is supposed to dull the appetite with out negative side effects.

Has any one here tried it, if so how did it work?

Wish me luck. Denamay
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

I have heard of it but don't know anything about it. Fighting the weight battle too. I had 10 pounds sneak up behind me this winter,lol it really was behind me.

So I gave up my occassional junk binges, I have a weakness for Walmarts Lofthouse soft iced cookies. I can eat a dozen in a day, one or two at a time.

I am back to walking the dogs again and just getting out and doing yard work and I have lost 9 pounds. I would like 10 more but I am not going to push it because then I would have to buy new clothes,lol

I know I was of no help but I just wanted to say hello. I haven't been on the board much but I do visit the porch.

I have been feeling better so I have been working on my house getting straight after the new roof and deck were done. I haven't made any glass for a couple of months but will start again next week.

What have you been up to? Any new paintings? Carla
  3. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Carla... I enjoy your posts,what a good sense of humour! I know you will soon get back into working with the stained glass. I know that life gets in the way of the muse. I am painting again after many months of a mental block. In fact I thought I was finised with artwork for ever.

Willow... Thanks for the heads up re. hoodia,I did purshase the Rexal brand to try, I spent 14 dollars, so will see, butI won't expect a miracle. Love Denamay
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2007]
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Same as willow, even tho I bought from a source that I trust (altho I can't remember what it was lolol).

Anyway it didn't work.

What I don't understand anyway is why they tell you to take it for 2 weeks before expecting 'effects' when eating a small piece of the actual plants acts immediately. That shouuld've ben the warning I guess!?!

[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2007]
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am trying to lose about 10 lbs. myself. I hate taking diet pills because they make me feel weird. I hope you have luck in finding something that works for you. The reason I am posting to you is because I saw the stunning picture in your profile. Is that one of your works? I just had to compliment you, I think it is absolutely beautiful! Hope you are having a good day. Kim :)
  6. shell3

shell3 New Member

hi denamay i have been taking hoodia for a month.. it hasnt dulled my appetite at all.. i weigh 150 and would like to lose 30 lbs.. i really think excersise and smaller portions would help.i need to get smart and leave icecream alone. good luck to you
  7. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

in that rotten place named losing weight
    Haf lost bout 20 pounds and ending putting back on 35
    Now what?????

have tried so many things and it just aint working!!!!!!

in love n light