How About The Guai Protocol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by techno, Aug 7, 2005.

1. techno

techno New Member

Have many of you have tried the Guai protocol?

Is this treatment protocol worth attempting or is it just
    another instant cure that doesnt really work?

I've got the Book "What Your Dr. Doesn't Tell You About FMS"
    by Dr. St. Amand and I'm not sure I buy his theories.
    How many here have been CURED by the Guai protocol?
    What are your opinions?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guai treatment is not a cure. It can reverse the symptoms of FMS and it has been a God send for me. Dr. St. Amand is careful to point out that it isn't a cure. Still, reversing the symptoms is the next best thing.

It is a long-term treatment which requires commitment and patience. I've been on it four years and am about 85 percent reversed. It almost immediately cleared up my Fibro Fog, bit it took longer to achieve significant reversal. I had been sick for at least 10 years when I started the treatment.

Even in the beginning, most people have some periods of feeling well. It cycles off and on until most days are good. I find that if I get sick, I can still suffer a flare. Same thing if I injure myself. Still, I would likely still be bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for pain had I not done the Guai tratment.

The Guai works for most everyone if sals are eliminated and the correct dose found. There are a few, however, for whom the treatment doesn't seem to work. My feeling is that since the Guai is so benign, one has nothing to lose except the cost of the Guai. It is sold here in the fast acting and long acting forms. The FA Guai is just as effective, I find it even better, and it costs less.

I also have CFIDS and am suffering from severe fatigue right now. I wish I could find something for CFIDS which works as well as the Guai did for my FMS. If you do a search in Title here on Guai, you will find a lot of old posts.

Best of luck to you if you decide to try it. There are a few of us here who will be glad to answer any questions.

Love, Mikie
  3. techno

techno New Member

Thanks a lot for your input Mikie ......

I am thinking about trying it but will wait till I've
    finished the book.
    Hey! I'll try anything to get some sort of relief from Fibro.
    The part in the book about us FMS'ers being also hypoglycemic
    is very interesting.

I've suspected I've had this problem all my life but was
    in the dark as to what was wrong.

4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi techno, I started the Guai treatment in March & intend to stay on it for life. It's very important to follow the book exactly, & the online support groups will help with any queries.

I reckon it will take at least 3 years for my symptoms to reverse as I've been severely affected for so long. Even though I don't know if it going to work or not yet, it is the one thing that's giving me hope for the future.My opinion is that I've nothing to lose by trying it, & everything to gain.
    Dr St Amand does not benefit from the sale of Guai. lol
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Part of the proceeds go toward research for FMS and CFIDS. I haven't found it cheaper anywhere else.

You can go to www.guaidoc.com to read more about it.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Dear Techno,

The Guai Protocol works wonders if you follow it correctly. It takes patience, but if you follow it, you will eventually see an amazing turn-around in your fibro symptoms. I haven't posted much lately here because I feel SO MUCH better and just haven't had time to post.

Please note that there are different "types of Guai", and not all are supported by Dr. St. Amand because they aren't equal in their effectiveness. Luckily, Dr. St. Amand, supports the Guai sold by Pro-Health, AND it's affordable.

I too was skeptical before starting the Guai Protocol, and I think it's certainly healthy to have some skepticism about anything we don't know about. However, after 6 months on Guai my pain has decreased from an 8 to 10 on the pain scale to a now ZERO to 2 on a daily basis. Today it's a ZERO!!

While I'm not "cured" because I have to continue taking the Guai, I feel a significant improvement in my health and can do the normal activities I used to....cooking, gardening, and rigorous exercise (tae kwon do!). It's great to feel like I used to again!!

Please consider going to fibromyalgiatreatment.com and joining one of the Guai support groups. You can ask the Guai gurus (people who have been doing Guai for several years) lots of detailed questions, even while you are still in the consideration phase.

Then, if/when you decide to start the guai, you will gain much info/knowledge about really doing the Guai Protocol correctly and will be able to talk to and get encouragement from many people on the Protocol and help with products you can use and what to avoid, etc, as well as knowing if you are cycling. They are real pros and happy to help.

My very best wishes for good health,

Erika