How are all of the California people.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaR, Feb 8, 2006.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

those fires out there!

I hope that you all are safe!!

I looked on the map and some of you all live close... according to news channel.

mari
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I saw it about 10:00 a.m. C.S.T. and they showed that it was still under control...but the winds were not in their favor.

I pray that you all are safe!

Will check you all later.

3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I ask God to keep the fires under control for you!!!

This has been such a bad start to new year for you all!!

Last year was bad also....right?

We are in hurricane territory... and as you know went through HORRIBLE year last year... and even year before.

There was a entire family killed (2005) hurricane just miles from where I live now.

I know this is so nerve racking for you.

Keep us posted please.

Mari
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I hope that you are safe too!!

Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2006]
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

and Sploofy, Kaiasmom and CAANNIEB also live in California.

If I remember right...so does Doxy.

I hope you all are safe too!
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I had rough few nights.

I took my pain meds and going to try to rest up...if I can.

I will check in on you later on!
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm not surprised to see you leave the board for a bit. You were on the board lots today. I see that the pain isn't gone, but I hope you rest lots.

Fire? Here? Pashaw! The ground is so saturated that a blowtorch couldn't get a spark going. Eureka is about 600 miles north (on the coast) of where the fires are located. I did live in SO CA as a child and as a young adult for a little bit and I know those Santa Ana winds. What a mess they are as they are so dry and dry everything in their path.

But, we live in the rain and fog...redwood trees grow here and they don't like that kind of weather.

Thanks for asking, though. I am hurting a bit today. I went to an exercise class at the local health club...for beginners and seniors...and it almost killed me and I only stayed for half. The biggest problem was the floors. The building is built on a concrete slab, and with my lower back problems and my hips (bursitius) and FM to boot, I was wiped out all day yesterday and feeling not so great now today. Drat. All the little old ladies were doing great...ME? Oh well.

Take care. How is your family? Hope you are not having to deal with too much right now. Did you ask the doc for some pain pills? Hope you are doing better.

Love,
    Sue
  8. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Iam not near the fires i live in long beach, not on the beach but about 15 miles from it,i think,lol me and the thinking thing dont work to good together,lol. anyway this heat is killing me i hurt sooooooooooo bad and the air being so dry is really taking a toll on my skin,throat and nose,anyway i have to go for now will be back to read and hopfully write latter,i do want to say that i thank everyone on this board for all you do it feels great to know i have someone to talk to that knows what iam talking about,take care all,marieann
  9. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Thank you for asking, Mari! I'm not near the fires this year. Last year I lived near the ones on the north side. It seems like the fire people in that area are so terrific, though. They are amazing at knocking back those fires and saving houses.

Gigi, I hope the fires move away from the area you're in. I'll say a prayer for you! The heat is pretty outrageous for February. I don't remember the summer being this warm.
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am back for a bit.

I was glad to see that you are safe. I couldn't remember exactly where the fires were located, but saw that it was near the coast....or looked that way on t.v.

Sue...I haven't been back to the doc yet.

I just doubled the dosage of the pain med flextra. He said to do it....and it helps most days. If that doesn't work I take an injection of toradol.

I can half way function... most days. The others... I just try to deal with it.

I can sit a bit longer without getting up...as long as the med in working!

The next doc on my list (as soon as I can) is the orthopedic doc. I truly believe that the majority of my pain (at the present time) is coming from my disc problems.

I also have tried to change my lifestyle.

I rarely put myself first....but thanks to my husband and all of you guys here...I do it some now.

I must stop when I have to stop! I don't feel as guilty about it.

Also, some of the stress has been lifted and I think that is why I am having better days.

Oh....this new kitty...Miss Teyha...well... she is SPOILED rotten!!

She can't stand for me to ignore her...like sit at the computer.

She wants to get in my lap...slowly go for the keyboard. When I stop her there..she starts to bite me gently. But, when I continue to ignore her... she bites harder. I have to get on to her! She is in the closet tearing up something right now for my attention.

She is a mess!! She has helped me so much though.
    ----------------------------

I wanted to say....the last person that I heard say...Pashaw was my grandmother! Boy, that took me back.

I have asked...and asked people where it came from. Is it an irish word? I have been wanting to know for so long. Do you know where it originated? Did you hear it from your grandmother?
    ------------------------------------
    I remembered from your bio that you have a RV. Do you plan on Rving?

We had a 1999 Holiday Rambler Motorhome. It was like alittle apartment. It was our home after selling our house in 1999....until we moved to Florida. We had to sell it to buy our home....couldn't afford two payments!

We really enjoyed it so much. We made two trips to Montana. I hope that we can buy another one day. John has promised to take me to the east coast. I want to see the light houses... and all of that area.

I am so glad to hear that you are out exercising....that is so good! I pray that you continue to get stronger and stronger, because I know that you want to enjoy your retirement!

I wish that I could exercise...but... I just might after they check my back out.

I wish that you could have seen me about ten years ago.
    I was ULTRA active. The yoga and everything! I was in good shape. Oh....it's not over 'till it's over. I might get back there.

Well, I have written a book......sorry..but had so much to say to you!

Love....Mari

11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so pleased to hear that you all are safe from the fires. It can take everything in just a few minutes!!

I guess that is such a fear there....like the hurricanes here!

Hope to see you around here alot!!

Talk to you guys later.

Mari
  12. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Glad that you are not near the fires!

Sleep well!

mari
  13. MamaR

MamaR New Member

your kitty....Iggy sounds adorable! I didn't check out your bio lately. Is her pic posted? I would love to see her.
    They are such a comfort to us...for sure!

I am glad that you escaped Florida before the storms. I don't look forward to next season!

About my back....well...it is rough some days. The burning pain that runs down my legs is real bad. But, I plan on seeing the orthopedic surgeon soon.

Thanks for your concern....it means alot to know I am thought of.

I hate to hear that you have same problem! It can be so bad....along with the fibro.

Well, I am very glad that you are not in danger of the fires.

Take care and talk at you soon.......Mari
  14. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am pleased to hear that you are water logged....much better than fire....right?

I saw your bio where you spin your own wool... and you are knitter.

That is so neat!! Did you make the sweaters in the pic?

I love to crochet....sort of leaned towards that instead of knitting.

It both can be so relaxing though.

Well, I have been back and forth to the computer today...as I can't sit but awhile before I have to move.

But, at least I haven't been in bed as much lately.

I have to sign off as my hubby is home tonight (his weekend is Tuesday & Wednesday) and he needs my attention.

I hope that you have a good night!

Mari

15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I totlly missed this one.Thanks for the concern
  16. BuMom

BuMom New Member

Having lived in Malibu the past 25 yrs. I'm getting really good at packing for evacuations.You learn what is really important to you. On their positive sides: Roadblocks and no traffic on the highway,nearly empty markets, but full of good looking fireman(thousands of them all over town).My son was so happy last week when we got the early morning call that school was cancelled, due to a small fire that broke out. It was a hot sunny day and the surf was up!