How are my fellow Anti-Viral Protocol People Doing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mujuer, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I know that there are some on here who started before I did or right around the same time. Just wanting to know how everyone is. I am on week 3 of my famcyclovir (ms?) and am doing fine. No side effects. Still no more viral sweats. Rib pain has gone away. I don't know if it was from uping dose of prilosec twice a day or if it was the anti-virals. I have felt so good that I am overdoing things which makes me very sleepy so I have been taking some cat naps and now am going to pace myself. Would like to know what others are experiencing. P
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi. i have been on antivirals for 2 yrs and was improving for a while but seem to have stopped. i am very confused as to whats going on cuz i am really sick again. wonder if this is going to be one long decade of herxing...
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Have you been taking your antiviral for the straight two years? Have you also taken the food allergy tests? My protocol requires taking the anti-viral just for 10-14 weeks and up to 6 months. After that time, as a flare up occurs then you start again. I am taking three large doses a day and keeping my diet very simple. I will need to go for liver test in another month. So far I have not had any side effects.

Have you tried switching to a different anti-viral or increased the dosage. This is all new to me so I have been wondering how everyone else is proceeding. P
  4. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I have been on anti-virals for 1 1/2 years. I have moved from a 2 to 4 on Dr. Lerner's scale. I have noticed improvement in the heart area. I used to have tachacardyia and a daily low-grade fever. Both have improved. I still have flu-like symptoms and fatigue, but hope it improves, too.