How are you all dealing with the swine flu scares?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Me, not too good

I am SO paranoid.

Last year when I was sick, I lost 2 months! I don't want this H1N1

Wish people would stay home when they are sick
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

My doctor my internist advised me not to.
    I pretty much go with what he says and I remember the last time my husband got the swine vaccine.
    He wasnt sick but I dont know if it help if I remember correctly the vaccine wasnt quite right or something.

My Son and his wife are worried about the nine month old grand daughter ask me should they get the vaccine for her?

I told them that I could not make that call it was up to them.
    What do you think?
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

You are right, they have to make the decision, not you.

They should talk to their doctor and and weigh the pros and cons

This is a "new flu" so who know what will happen

I just wish it would GO AWAY!
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My friend took me to a buffet restaurant this week, and I was worried about it. Touching all the scoopers all the other people were touching, that bugged me. You just never know. I really don't want to eat out anymore.
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

Me too

In fact, I don't want to be anywhere that there is a crowd
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

If you've had flus this past year you may have already had it. It can be mild.

I'm not getting the vaccine and I heard they said on the news that fibromites aren't supposed to get it.

Two months is a long time to be out of commission. I don't blame you for worrying Empower but I have heard that it's losing its becoming less virulent over time which surprised people because we've been told it would get worse. I think they try to do their best to predict what will happen but they don't always know.

[This Message was Edited on 10/15/2009]
  7. shelby11

shelby11 New Member

Hi, I am with U. I wash my hands constantly and hate going in stores when everyone is coughing and sneezing, i practically run out. I wish they would stay home and the people keep their kids home/ meme
  8. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

I'm having both the seasonal flu vaccination and the H1N1 swine flu vaccination.

I don't see the point of living life filled with fear of catching some bug or other when there are vaccinations to prevent them. I like to be able to walk in to any shop, cafe' etc. without fear of catching something that may either make me ill or kill me. I'm not going to live out the rest of my days in fear of trying to hide away from something that may never infect or affect me.

Life is about living not fearing.
  9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Whether you get the flu now or later has nothing to do with how sick you will become.

I plan to get both shots. Right now there is a shortage of vaccine in my area.

Not only do I not want to get it, I do not want to expose anyone else. My daughter is pregnant and is at risk for severe complications. If someone gave this to her because they decided not to get the vaccine, they are only thinking of themselves and not others. Fortunately, she has had both shots.

Don't live in fear. Either get the shot or never venture outside.

10. LizzyBell93

LizzyBell93 New Member

H1N1 is just a big scare my health teacher said so himself. It is something new that health officials have never seen before, they don't know much about it so they decided to alert the media. It is no different from any of the other 20 something types of the flu and you shouldn't treat it any differently. If you want to get the vaxine then thats up to you. But all you have to do is stay warm as much as possible so your immune system doesnt become a target to any types of germs and bacteria, and keep your hands clean, its just that easy. My entire family got sick but because I followed these simple rules and ate every meal everyday I didn't get sick. Don't worry so much it just causes more stress and nobody wants that. :)
  11. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Welcome to the board.

Fredt, I was not being literal. I said "if". Geese.

12. Empower

Empower New Member

I am not getting the vaccine because I have problems with every medication under the sun, so chances are, I will have a reaction to the vaccine

I am not being selfish by any means