How are you all today? I truly want to know, please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seeseaisme, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Hi guys,

I haven't been around for a while. I've been busy working on myself and my attitude. I truly want to know how you're doing today. I want you to know that I care.

I'm sore and feel like a truck ran over me. I overdid it yesterday. I school shopped with my 6 yr old granddaughter. I loved it, even though I knew I'd pay for it today. My hips hurt so bad and my back, I can hardly walk, hey! - at least I can walk, painfully, but I'm mobile.

So let me know how you're doing. Okay?
  2. toughone

toughone New Member

The truck that hit me was a semi. Yesterday was the worst pain day I've ever had. I push myself evey day just to prove to myself and others that I am not an invalid. But yesterday I was. I felt so ill I wanted to go to the hospital. I just can't believe that someone can hurt this bad and feel this ill and not be dying. I can't even say it's one certain area--every square inch of me hurts.
    Today is a little better, and for that, I am very thankful. I will take it easy again today so that tomorrow might be better. I try to keep a positive attitude (after reading back over this I see that one might find that hard to believe!) but when I hurt this bad, I get really scared. Since joining this board 5 days ago, I do find relief in knowing I am not alone. I am so sorry, though, that so many are in the same boat as me.
    Thank you for caring...

Here's to a day with less pain and more smiles...

Bonny
  3. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I'm sorry you feel bad. Maybe today will be better. I hope you find some relief from your pain.

Personally, I took 2 muscle relaxers (Baclofen) and 2 pain pills (Tramadol) about an hour ago, and am getting a little relief.

Do you have any Rx. medications you can take? If not, maybe some alternative form of pain relief, like a hot bath or shower, meditation, or inspirational music will help. Keep me posted, because I do care.

4. toughone

toughone New Member

I do take pain med--doesn't really even take the edge off when pain is this strong. I also take antidepressant that my doc switched about 2 months ago. I didn't realize how depressed I was until the new one started working. I feel like I have come out of a dark tunnel. For that, I am extremely thankful.
    You said you take a muscle relaxer--do you find it helps much? I took Soma years ago but stopped because I didn't feel any relief, and they made me groggy. I can only take warm showers since hotter water hurts my skin too much.
    I just made another cup of tea. It's 6:00am here--even my dogs are still asleep. The quiet, and the cool air coming in through the window are wonderful...
    Hope your day shines...

Bonny
  5. twitcher

twitcher New Member

I'm horrible as always...pain, numbness, tingling etc.....

Twitcher
  6. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

To Twitcher - I'm sorry you're feeling bad. Try to find something that makes you happy, maybe just a thought or a memory, to help make your day better. Sometimes, I look at photo albums. I have happy memories of my old me with the children, when they were tots. So nice to see your reply.

Bonny - Yes, I occassionaly take muscle relaxers when I'm overwhelmed with pain, like today. My doctor perscribed Baclofen, which for myself is more helpful than Flexeril. The Baclofen doesn't have the sedating effect. I can feel some relief without being "drugged up". I can function pretty good with it. I had to get used to the woozies, but I just don't stand up real quick or drive when I take them.

I still have Flexeril, which I perfer to take at bedtime. I don't abuse the drugs and use them only when I can't take it anymore.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2006]
  7. colaloulou

colaloulou New Member

feeling poorly, today is bad day sore stiff hips hurt neck, legs ive been hit by a truck. lol but i have you all and i don't feel so bad. im sorry you all feel bad today i will pray for a better day tomorrow i am new here and this the best site in the world
  8. rigby

rigby New Member

I feel a little better today have grandkids and wanted to enjoy them but hurt. Went to doctor on Tuesday. I finally put them in a day a space camp in Houston for next week since I can't seem to do anything. Thankgoodness for game cube. They love the idea of spenting the day at NASA. Sharon
  9. toughone

toughone New Member

Thanks for the info on the muscle relaxants. I don't think any of us that suffer such horrible pain day in and day out abuse our meds--if I was cured tomorrow, I'd flush all my meds and never take another pill. Ever.

That is a lovely picture of you on your bio. I, too, am 48, blonde and fair skinned. The sun does not agree with me either. And the heat here in California is getting really old. I love Fall and Winter--sweaters and sweat shirts are my friends!

Hope you feel better as the day goes on--I think I'll grab one more cup of tea. I just don't feel like climbing those stairs to go shower yet...

Bonny
  10. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Thank you for asking and sorry you are not feeling well- I am a wreck today- today I meet with the medical for SSD- the stress is killing me.

Had a panic attack and was not going to take Xanax but had to... I have to drive myself so this will be hard enough-DH is riding with me - thank god!!!

Gotta calm down- hate being like this.

I take muscle relaxers for the spasms.

Take care
    Janet
  11. cczub

cczub New Member

This week has to be the worst week I've ever had since my FM started... The pain levels aren't extreme but they have been constantly elevated. The fatigue is a 11 out of 10.

THis is the worst flare I've ever been in. Normally the pain will come in waves and I'll get some periods of relief but the past week or so it hasn't left.....

12. Denamay

Denamay New Member

That darn truck is very busy, it hit me too. I hope I feel better as the day progresses.

I have to renew my drivers licence and registration and I want to get that looked after today.

I have had fibro for about 30 years and last night, I had some new and stange pains in my legs and chest.

They did not last long, but boy , just when I thought that I had reached my pain threashold along comes something new to raise the anti.Love Denamay
  13. patches25

patches25 New Member

My 85 YO mother lives with me and I care for her. She has fibro too. Also has heart condition and every 3-4 weeks I have to take her for an appt. in another town.

Yesterday was the day. I have to push her around in a wheelchair since anticholesterol drugs caused so much damage to her. And since my 2 year old 2 broken ankles still swell when I am on my feet that trip makes for a rough on. So it is an ouchy day today.

And I had the fun of being awake a lot last night about the earthquake very close to my house. Well, at least some excitement.

Hope we all get some extra rest today and are feeling better by tomorrow. Hugs, E.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2006]
  14. mevy

mevy New Member

Hello there all,
    Wow is that SEMI busy or what!!! I too feel ran over by a semi pulling a set of double fully loaded trailers full of cement. Hopefully if/when the weather cools down maybe we will all feel a little better.

This pain we deal with is really a challenge and makes our life difficult. But considering the alternative I'll deal with the pain and be greatful to be here with my family and now watch my 8 grandkids grow-up.

Thanks for caring and hope you all feel better soon,

Mevy
  15. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I'd like to thank everybody for your replies. I meant to get in here earlier but I had an unexpected mini-crisis. I had to go to the bank and put money in before checks went through.

Then, my granddaughter came home from school. It was her 1st day in 1st grade. I lavished her with attention, next was dinner, then kitchen clean-up. My husband complained about no clean socks, so I'm now waiting on a load of whites to spin out so I can throw them in the dryer. Whew!

It seems like we've all had a tough day but made it through ok. I'll remember you in prayer and hope that tommorrow will be better.

Big Hugs ((((((((((((()))))))))))))) Charlotte