How are you Marti Hurricane IKE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Marti - was just thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Have you made any preparations for the storm? It sure is scary storm. I have 3 children living in Houston.

We were thinking about possibly going up to another daughters in Ft. Worth but then decied not to. We have just removed the patio furniture and brought the outside stuff in and such and that is about it. I have water in the tubs,., just in case but who knows if we will need that. At least I got the tubs cleaned (-: !!

We also have bottled water and such. Hope all goes well for you, us and all those in its path. I hope Galveston is not totally destroyed. It is just scary.

Hope you will be well and your family !!

Maybe we can meet one of these days for lunch !!

God bless !!

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I lived in Houston when hurricane Alica hit. We were without electricity for almost 10 days.

Wish you both luck and anyone else who is in Ike's path.

3. Granniluvsu

GA - Thanks so much for your prayers and good wishes.

We lived in Houston proper about 30 years ago when one of the Hurricanss hit. I forget it's name. It might have been Allison or Alysia. It was not a fun experience. Galveston Island looks awful already and the storm has not even started.

4. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I was wondering if anyone from this board was in that area...thanks for checking in, and we're thinking of you!
    Take Care,
  5. Granniluvsu

We have been through a couple of them. Theyy can be a bit scary. Hope you are not in a flood prone area. We weren't when we lived in Houston (Spring Branch).

We now live up north of Houston around the Cobroe area. We are not so much worried about the water but the wind. We have lots of trees around our house. Hope they do not fall on the house. Also have to worry and look out for tornados (not easy to spot at night).

Got our water, and took all our patio furniture in and such and stuff that could fly around. So now we wait. I cannot believe some of the people who live on the coast are still there - unbelieveable !!! I would have been gone a long time agon.

Hugs and blessings,

6. Granniluvsu

Thanks so much for your prayers and good wishes. We will all need them.

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I taught in the Spring Branch school district for several years!! This is strange but I was trying to think of the name of the district where I taught when I first heard of Ike. Now if I could just remember the school's name!!

[This Message was Edited on 09/12/2008]
  8. Granniluvsu

Keep thinking hon. Our kids went to all Spring Branch schools. About where did you live. Maybe I can guess.

9. findmind

findmind New Member

Sure don't want jorgie yelling at us for discussing this!

Let's go to the chitchat board with it, ok? I want to keep track of all you guys in the path of Ike without getting screamed at...

10. Granniluvsu

Sorry all,

I started this on the wrong board in the first place and I should have know betterl However, Marti the gal I was trying to contact usually is or waws on the regular FM Board.

Just got on line and got electricity this evening - 5 days and night without which I guess is nothing compared to waht the people o in Galveston and others have suffered.

Will start another thread on the chit chat board if anyone else wants to that about this horrible subject (-: !! I just feal so terribly fortunate !

I guess I should erase this after we start the other threat. We will see. We did have some damage but more about that later on.

Forget who said they had roof damage. So sorry to hear about that . Glad that you are safe though.

See you on the other side.

Hugs and blessings,'
  11. Granniluvsu

So sorry to hear about your damage. I left you another message on the chit chat board about the Hurricane. I don't think they like us to chat here on the FM Board (-: !! Drop a note and let us kow how you are doing. Hope the damage isn't to horrible .

We are busy with cleanup also. So glad you are OK !!

Hugs, Granni