How are you neurologicaly?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalaya, Oct 3, 2005.

1. kalaya

kalaya New Member

For some of us the most overwhelming element of the disease is fatigue,for others it's pain but for some I believe it's neurological disfunction.Some people like to label this brain fog,but I will never do this because this is like the label'chronic fatigue syndrome'.It dramaticaly waters down the intensity of what you are fighting.I was wondering if anyones #1 ailment in this illness is the neurological disfunction,and if not where would you rate your brain haze,and also what are your neurological drawbacks,how fogged up are you?I wish for all of you that if God does not take this illness from you,that he will give you the wisdom and mental and physical strength to cope with it.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

My problems fall in this order:

Fatigue
    Pain
    Neurological dysfunction (fog)

The neurological dysfunction is much worse on days when I'm really fatigued, and the pain also really "kicks" up with increased fatigue. They all work in concert to be a constant misery.

I am still working full-time, but it's getting to be really difficult with my constant three companions listed above. The fog is really what gets to me. I interact quite a bit with people, and more and more I find that they finish my sentences. More and more I'm finding that I can't remember things when in discussion. I know that my supervisor is aware of the problem. Today was really a bad one with the fog, I was in meetings most of the day. Pretty messed up with the fog all in all.
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

Fatigue
    Pain
    Neurological dysfunction (fog)

The thing is,I have 5 brain lesions.Apparently it is from all the severe migraines I get. This has to be part of the brain fog problem too,ya think?
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I get worse with the brain fog when I am fatigued or in bad pain. I agree with you, its worse then being a little spacey or forgetful. I hope our poor brains can recover from this. It gets so embarrassing trying to have a conversation with people, and I can`t think of a word or forget what I was going to say.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  5. fairyborn

fairyborn New Member

Fatigue
    Pain
    Neurological dysfunction! these would be my three, when I am really fatigue the neurological dysfunction is worse, as well as pain. It is frusting when I can not think of simple word, it right there on the end of my tongue.
    Blessings
    G2L1
  6. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

if you are dealing with neurological disfunction? What are some of the symptoms? I don't know if I am just dealing with the brain fog or if it is progressing. Something is getting worse.
    Raz