How bad are things where you live ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BILLCAMO, Jun 27, 2008.

BILLCAMO New Member

Here , things are so bad that people are fighting over road-kill for supper. LOL

Blessings ,

2. poets

poets Member

They're grilling matter how many legs they have!
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

we're not at your stage yet but catching up really fast!!

4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Two whole pages of home forclosures in the paper this week.

Gas is 4.03 a gal. for regular unleaded.

Everyone is struggling with the cost of living. No end in sight.

It's shocking.

5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I paid $4.59 for gas here in So. Cal. yesterday, yikes! When you pull up to the Shell gas station, they have TV monitors over the pumps. The guy comes on and "knocks" on the TV screen and says "Hi, it's nice to see you", and I am thinking, grrrr......!!!! Hope you guys are enjoying your day, Kim :)
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

The federal government expressed concern for the extreme thiness of the population.

This is attributed to having to walk and cycle everywhere and cut portion sizes down to one meal a day. The government deny this is anything to do with the $28.00 a gallon gas prices, and say, "Stuff happens. ya know".

Scientists are saying that this extreme thinness is probably the cause of ALL major illnesses, and in fact, the latest research indicates that cheesburgers and fries, pork ribs, beer, and fried chicken,now seem to have been offering a great deal of protection from numerous major ailments.

The birth rate dropped by 75% for the first time in known history due to people not being able to go out on dates, attend weddings, and actually they cannot be bothered!

The mental health at NIHM reported that people are no longer able to concentrate on anything other than thinking about how to get to work and food.

On a sad note, the last McDonalds drive thru was closed today due to lack of customers "People cannot drive anymore" said a large clown in the parking lot "and besides which what's a burger without the bun?"

Annie News, 2018

BILLCAMO New Member

need armed guards , people need to "pack a piece" for protection from "GasJackers" !

("Cheap" gas just went up to $4.35 per gallon here.)

Blessings ,

8. bct

bct Active Member

is $4.79 where I live, in N. Calif. Am anticipating another rise soon.

Food getting expensive fast. Soon the semi-tame deer populating the countryside will be ending up on our tables, instead of eating our gardens (two broke through my fence yesterday).

9. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Heard a new term the other day.

Folks are referring to themselves as gas-poor.

10. Didoe

Didoe New Member

my grown kids live in PA, the 2nd just sold his car and all three now have bikes they use for getting to work. Dont know how they'll manage during the cold and winter months...

How they shop or do other things I dont know, its not like NYC area where you can shop almost anywhere or live without a car...aint easy, but possible.

Every time I had a relationship with someone who had a car, I wondered how I managed to get anything done without one, its cuts down on endless walking, waiting for trains and buses, dragging bags etc.
  11. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

It was so smokey that the Forest Service couldn't fine the fires. They had to bring in special infrared equipment.

Suppose that there are some Nature "grilled" crispy critters up in the hills so no food shortage.

A few main roads closed by fire caused rock slides. If we don't repair them we can effectively secede (sp?)from California. Plenty of wood, so suppose we can go back to wood burner steam cars.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2008]

BILLCAMO New Member

The good news & the bad.....

You may have lots of wood , but the oil companies bought out the patents for wood-fired steam cars and buried them...

Alas , vaseline is also a petroleum product and we have to buy it ourselves..... LOL .

Blessings ,

13. dustymule

dustymule New Member

Just when I think I'm winning this rat race, along come bigger rats

Sincerely, The broken down "dusty mule".
  14. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I was just lamenting to my mother that it's going to be a long, long wait for that subway to find it's way to rural MN!!
    I would just like to see people around here put away there cars and ride bike. For me, it's only a short 5 miles to little tiny town, and school pop. 300.

If you need to go to a larger town, for say; necessary grocery to feed your family, or Dr. appointment exced..
    It's just a very short 45 miles!!
    After peddling that on a bike, I WILL need a Dr.!!!

Put away my car??!! HaHaHaHaHaHa!

I suppose we could go Amish, now i think they really pulled one over on all us modern progressive people! Life won't be too much different for them i would think. Unless some have after all decided to use tractors??

[This Message was Edited on 06/30/2008]
  15. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We're on the inflation diet and losing lots of weight! You just spend the same amount on groceries every week and every week you eat less! It's amazing!

Gas isn't a problem. I filled my tank Friday morning and put 18 miles on the car by the time I got to work today. We live 6 miles from where I work. Shows you how much driving I did.

I'm considering letting the lawn grow up all summer. $20 bucks for gas to mow it is a bit much!

16. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Things are so bad I'm about to move where you are.

17. sisland

sisland New Member

Neat thread! Love dustymules analology of the bigger rats!,,,,well up here in the outback of Montana it's 95 degrees today and gas prices are a whoppin' 4.04,,grocery prices have climbed alittle not to bad so far,,,,but we are Melting in this heat wave,,,lol,,,,time to go jump in the lake!,,,,,,,,,S
  18. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Gas is $3.94 a gallon and it is always HOT. The entire state is air-conditioned. I swear the homeless have portable units below the bridges. Fried Armadillo is to DIE for, you just have to get up early enough to beat the rush. We catch bugs in our drainage ditches (crawdads, crawfish, crayfish, spell/say it as you will, they are big bugs) and eat them. the heads are the best. We aren't picky down here. We've lived under Six different flags, we are a tough bunch.

It is also the PERFECT state in which to default on every outstanding debt that you have. They can't do a darn thing to you except harrass you on the phone and send letters. Drives collectors and skip tracers nuts. NO GARNISHMENT except for the IRS and child support. They can sue you, but when you are flat broke, what can they get? Don't ask how I know this *L*.........

It only takes the statement "meet my wife", one night when you are drunk and BANG, you are in a common-law-marriage. In the not so far distant past it was legal to drink and drive in Texas - swear on the holy bible! You couldn't drive drunk, but you could drive to Austin with a case of Texas Pride on the dash and not get pulled over.

We are outlaws and renegades, we don't take any crap off of the other 49 states. And it is NOT true that Alaska is the biggest state, that is a conspiracy ;p. I live in Harris County which is bigger than Rhode Island. We have the best Medical center in the world and I'm confident that someone is successfully curing FM with cow dung and donkey spit. I'm still looking for them.

Come to Houston, baby. It is THE place to be!

19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hey girl, I might give you a visit! I've been to Dallas, (okay, for only three days)and you do have a large a** state to be sure! You sure gave me my laugh for the day~

Things in NE Indiana are sooooooooooooo bad, they are seriously considering closing our airport..we are the SECOND largest city. Along with three other airports which will leave only Indianapolis to travel from! Whoooo Hoooo! I know my trip to CA, to visit my best friend is cancelled for this year....and probably many to come!

Great post! We have to laugh sometimes, or else we'd be REALLY crazy!

BILLCAMO New Member

After reading the above reply , I decided to check out Texas. I couldn't afford to drive there , so I decided to try to hitch-hike to make the trip.

After throwing what I needed into my backpack and washing my thumb , I started out on my great adventure. The 1st ride I caught gave me the 20 mile ride from my home to the state highway. So far , so good.

The next ride I got took me to within 1 mile of Interstate 82. It was starting to get dark and I was hoping I would catch my next ride before it got dark.

Well , that's when things got worse.

A car pulled over and I was thinking I'd have my ride before dark.

WRONG !!!!

They stole everything from me including my clothes and drove off! Before I could exit stage right and hide in the bushes , a state cop drove up and arrested me for indecent exposure and hitch-hiking. Dang , what a bummer !

Now , I'm sitting in jail trying to figure out how to make bail so I can get out. I was even so unlucky as to not make supper-time after I was finished being booked , so I'm hungry too.

At least I have some nice orange clothes to wear. :>)

Suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks !

Blessings ,