how bad is your memory?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

If someone asks me what I had for breakfast, I'd have to check my notebook. Sometimes I remember things in picture form, but then I can't get the words or describe what I remember, or sometimes it takes several seconds for the memory to come up. Dad tells me things that are on his schedule, but I forget them. Once I forgot that I had seen a set of photos a friend had sent me. Well, I'm 95 (just pretend), but this is pretty annoying. I should be one of the 95-year-olds who can remember things!

What causes our memory loss? What can we do about it? What have your experiences been with it?

((what was I saying?)) ;) xx Shannon
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

My memory has been terrible the last few weeks (or is it months?)I don't remember. I think mine has alot to do with meds.

I missed placed some money that I thought I put in a safe at home. My poor husband and kids, I accused them of taking it! I found it and when I did I remembered I had put it there.(in a jewelry box)

My spelling is just awful, little simple words just don't look right. I go to a room to get something and can not for the life of me remember what I went in there for.

I think I have ADD, too...I'll go to do something and forget what it was so I do something else, then I remember what it was and drop what I am doing to go do that.

It has to be the meds, but my pain is better though.
    Having less pain and being stupid is kind of better?
    Sometimes I think I am going crazy...
    What was the question again???
    Cindy (I think)

[This Message was Edited on 06/30/2006]
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I can't believe that no one has responded to this post. Now I know most people here probably have a dull memory. LOL He He He!!!! Well to answer your qyestion- my memory is pretty bad.
    F-I-B-R-O-F-O-G!!!!!!!!!!!

Kriket
  4. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I am embarrassed to even try to carry on a normal conversation. I can't remember names, simply everyday volcabulary, and even directions to places I go to fairly often.

My hubby finds it all to be super annoying, but I can't help it whatsoever. I have a business degree, and simple math stumps me these days.

My four year old sometimes finishes my sentences. I feel stupid (literally) most of the time.

I don't think there is much we can do about it. I would be willing to try almost anything.

It scares me that my mind is failing me. I am 34, and my daughter has a bigger vocabulary these days.

Angela
  5. PlateletGal

PlateletGal New Member

Hi Shannonsparkles,

I just joined this group (I can't remember if it was yesterday or the day before!) and I also have problems with my memory. (I have CFIDS) It is very frustrating at times feeling like part of your brain is 99 years old!

6. findmind

findmind New Member

Huh? Who wrote this question???

We have to be able to remember the question before we can answer it, right?

I am in deep trouble...I cannot remember faces. Don't know if I am always too tired, but when I go anywhere, I hardly ever remember a face I encounter unless one of my family or friends.

My SO always remembers every meal out of the house, the name and face of the wait-person, the restaurant, drives me nuts!!

She knows every car on the block (mind you, there are 4 cars per house now), every nabor's face, every dog, cat, and squirrel.

She cannot balance a checkbook, write out bills, make out a rental property receipt without great thought, make more than one food at a time (dinner comes in "courses" when she has to cook, LOL, LOL!!)

Between us we might make one whole person, but I'm not sure

There's always hope!
    findmind

7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I MISSED SEVEN ON JEOPARDY LAST NIGHT !! DO YOU THINK

ALLEN AND VANA WILL FORGIVE ME??

MRDAD

[ advertisement ]