How 'Bout Those Gators

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They did us proud last year and it would be great to do it two years in a row. I have friends from Ohio, though, and if they win, I'll be happy for them. If we win, my grandson will be sporting a new Gator outfit.

Love, Mikie
  2. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

My son is the fan but he goes all out with every game he watches on TV, he has to wear his gator hat, gator shoes, gator color shirt and pants.
    The sad part of it is his wife is seminole fan lol

I just bought my grandson a gator bib and it has a gator on it and it says "little gator.." he is only 2 1/2 months old and already a gator fan...
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Last year, I got Andy a Gator onesie with a football on the seat. It was so cute. Congratulations on your little one. Wow! How does a Seminole and a Gator ever get together. It must have been hard deciding how to raise the children :)

I have a daughter who is a Yankee fan and my SIL is a Mets fan. He's from NYC. No children there, though.

Love, Mikie
  4. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

sorry hadn't responded but my daughter had emerg. appendectomy so been in hosp for 3 days. Would love to get grandson onsie like that. Around here is seminole fans all over cause we are so close to tallahassee so everything is seminole.

Yea around the game time for seminole and gator I just leave town lol but all is good it is all good fun. just the baby is gator he is a junior so what dad says goes lol
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry about your daughter. Hope she is doing well. Andy's dad, my SIL, had an emergency appendectomy not long ago. They found a hernia, so he will have to have another surgery later on. Oy!

Just after that, I had my gallbladder removed. Then, my other SIL, had to have his collar bone fracture surgically fixed. Now, Andy's Mom is having gb symptoms. It's like it never ends.

I really don't choose one team here over the other but if either of them does well, I'm proud.

Again, my prayers are with your daughter.

Love, Mikie
  6. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

I appriciate your thoughts. She is getting better.
  7. jmq

jmq New Member

Sorry I can not share your joy on the Gators...I am a Seminole ( graduated from Florida State Univ. about a 1,000 years ago!)

Just kidding :) Congrats!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Since I am a transplant here, I really haven't chosen one team over the other. If it had been the Seminoles, I would have been just as proud. I do know that Floridians who have grown up here are one or the other and there is a major rivalry. I can just sit back and enjoy it when anything positive in FL happens. For so long, it seems like our major claim to fame was hanging chads! Well, that and the ability to act all high and mighty in the winter when everyone else is shoveling snow and we are lounging poolside.

Love, Mikie