How can I convince dr to do thyroid and other tests for me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jul 20, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I ask awhile back for a complete blood work up and she told me I can't afford it. Said it would be about 800.00. One time they drew blood and told me it would be cheaper on me for them to pay where they send it to then bill me for it cause they're not charged the same rates we are. But they don't seem to want to do this now. Maybe cause it takes me awhile to pay it but at least I pay it.

I need this done cause I know I have hypothyroidism which is probably causing some of the fatigue and other stuff. It runs in the family also. I know I'm premenopausal and would like to know about that and basically want a compete panel done. What do I say and do. Have no insurance either. She lets me pay out the visits. This fatigue is just about to do me in.

Any advice,Keke
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

keke:

Why don't you do what feels right? If you need those things in your opinion: get them. You know what your body is feeling. Right or wrong- you are taking a very agressive approach, which I really do believe in.

I have made enemies of doctors, but I want one who cares, who listens, who will take chances, who will believe me and most of all---understand that Fibromyalgia is a very painful disease.

Take charge, Keke.

Just my suggestion.

And yes...it is possible to pay little by little. I do it, too for what my insurance will not cover.

Good luck.

nyrofan
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

That seems unreal to me; 800.00??? I had my complete bloodwork with Rheumy, and including visit was, I think, around 224.00.

Also, my GP does it for even less than that. If you think your thyroid needs checked, just ask for bloodwork on thyroid levels.

Maybe take it slow but prioritize what you think you may be having problems with.

Hope this helps and sure you'll get more advice/opinions.

Good Luck,
    BlueSky555