How can I find out what is in my new pain med Hydromorhone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jan 14, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I would like to know what is in it. I would ask my new pharmist but I am not so happy with him right now. I had my dcotor write me the script a week ago and ordered it from WAlmart. But when I went to pick iit up I was told that it was not in stock even though it had been oredered foour days before. So I still don't have it. I am taking my old MSIR until I can start this new medication.

I am hoping that it will come in on thursday like it should. But I am not holding my breath. It was to have come in last thrusday as wel. but didn'dt show up. I know that we whould only use one pharmacy, and I Intend to do that. I was upset that the pharmacy clerk handed me back my script for hte hydromophone and told me that I should take it to anyother pharmcy to get filled. Not many parmacies carry this pain pill so I am up a creek as to where I can order it from.

I would like to know what additives are in it? LIke Hydrocodone has asprin or tyleonol in it, does the hydromophone have tyeonol in it as wel? I switched tdo it from MSIR due to the rising cost of my medicare scripts. three of the five scripts went from a tier one to a tier three the cost difference is a huge one. I have been paying aall of last year $5.oo per script and now with teh new tiers 3 of the 5 meds are now $44.00. That is really spendy and I can't afford it. The hydromophone is a tier two and there for $6.00, so is the visteril in teh genreic form so that makes my cost lower. I will pay $12.00 of two scripts,$18.00 of my xanax {not covered by medicare} and any where from $37.92 - $44.00 for the last three scripts. So I will be paying around $115.00 a month.Does any oen know where I can find out what is in my hydromophone so i Know what i can and can't take it with.
    Thank you for your help and concern.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can look up any med online and find numerous websites which give you all kinds of info on various drugs, including potential side effects. Also, the meds themselves should come with an info sheet. What you find online is more complete.

Love, Mikie
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I took my scripts into the pharmacy, and was infromed that it was not instock. I thought this was strange as I had my dcotor call and have teh pharmist order this medicaoin for me. But it didn't come in with the other orders last thursday. I have talked to the pharmist twice and made sure tht he has ordered it again.

We are going to be moving in the next few months so I have changed pharmicies . I want to keep all my scripts together.
    I don't know what I will do if the hydromophone does not come in thrusday. I am going to call and ask the pharamist about this new medicatoin so I can lean all about it and what I can and can't take with it.

Thanks for the suggestions. Mikie,