How can I fix my

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Nov 22, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Browser that I'm using on the board. Since the format changed or maybe this is just temporary.

I can't take going all the way to the end of the line moving my cursor back and forth constantly. Seriously, this problem is making it so I can't post.

Anyone know how I can fit the entire window on my screen. I think their is some trick but of course I can't think of it.

Stressed out cursor moving ---------- Monica *LOL*
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes I can fix it and sometimes not. Here are two possible solutions.

Go to the upper right-hand corner where it says font size. Click on the "A" for the smallest font.

Or, try this. Hold down the Control Key and roll the mouse ball.

These computers are mysterious creatures. Sometimes I get message in my e mail that are 3 feet wide.

Good luck

3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

One thing I can think of that might slow your browser down is if you have too many add-ons on it. Look on your screen and find 'tools". Click on Manage add-ons. Then you can see what you have enabled on your computer. You may have a bunch of junk added on at some time or other that is just slowing you down. If you don't use it disable it. Then you browser will work better. I m no computer whiz, I just learn from my kids.

I sure hope this will help you! Let me know if it does!

Good Luck!

4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

This has been my biggest gripe since the new board, and I have been pretty vocal about it. I have the same problem. I thought that if they moved the list of other message boards from the left side of the page to somewhere else, it would fix it. Now I see that they HAVE removed all that left side stuff.... but the scrolling problem is still the same. It's like the rest of the board got wider to fit the space.

Nothing seems to fix it. I have been trying for a while. Changing the font size doesn't make the rows of print narrower. I have tried everything in the control panel, and searched for add-ons. Nothing.

This problem, coupled with the sign-on hassles (and the fact that I have to copy/paste and sign on again after typing my message) are just making me not want to come here anymore. But I am trying to stick it out, hoping the problems will be resolved eventually.

Have you tried adjusting the display in the control panel? Mine only has two settings, but your computer might have more options.

(Windows XP) Go to start > settings > control panel. Click on display. Choose the settings tab. Adjust your screen resolution to a setting with bigger numbers and see if that works for you. If you are on a different version of windows, you will still find the screen resolution settings somewhere in the display section of the control panel.
  5. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I just realized, this is scrolling problem is worse than it was before. Before, I could scroll right and read to the bottom of the page. Then I would have to scroll again when I changed pages. That was bad enough. NOW, I have to scroll with EVERY LINE. This will never do.

My general rule of thumb, when I come to a website that has paragraphs too wide to view on my screen, is to back away. Too much trouble to mess with.

Hope they fix this!

On my monitor, with this size font, I can see about 100 characters (counting spaces) per line. They have this page set with about 135 characters per line.
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Can't you go to My Display and reset your screen?

Lord, that would drive me nuts!