How can I get help? I am in such a mess.

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by zopilote, Jun 3, 2003.

1. zopilote

zopilote New Member

I've been fighting depression on and off for as long as I can remember. The last year of my life has been unbelievably messed up and painful. I don't wanr to bore you all with the details so I'll just sum it up.I just lost my job for the THIRD time in a year. I'm in IT and the market is just awful. I don't know what I'm going to do. I am extremely depressed and suicidal and I feel like I should be in the hospital. I'm in so much pain, I'm so ashamed, I have no strength left.... The problem is, I also lost my health insurance.

So what can I do? Is there any place or way that would treat me? I need help very badly and I do not know where to turn. I'm supposed to be on meds too but well, no insurance no meds.

Just wanted to add that I know about the suicide hotline at the 800 number and they haven't really helped. I need another option. :([This Message was Edited on 06/03/2003]
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

There are many drug programs for people
    who have low income and no insurance.

Lynn
  3. injapan

injapan New Member

You also might want to look at the Depression Boards, also on this website. They are extremely active, and I guarantee that you will find people who understand you and can offer you ideas and lots of encouragement.

Is there any kind of insurance you can get? When I had jobs without health benefits, I had to buy insurance separately. It wasn't very expensive...well, all in all, an excellent investment. If you have any money saved, I would suggest just going to a psychiatrist and having an appointment, even though it's expensive. It sounds like you need to do SOMEthing.

Lots of therapy, too, is on a sliding scale. I used that a lot when I was a student. It was remarkably cheap. (Hotlines never helped me, either, by the way!).

Take care!
  4. duchess

duchess New Member

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time right now. I know you can get health insurance on a temporary basis through your car insurance. Also, my doctor's office was able to get me a 3 month supply of my med free because I was indigent. You might try those avenues. Whatever you do, don't give up......