How can Keith Richards still be standing while we're so sick?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Apr 9, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Heard the Rolling Stones just played in China for the first time. Considering what all he has done to his body for the last forty five years (heroine, cocaine, morphine, alcohol, addiction, etc...), how can Keith Richards be so relatively healthy in his mid sixties, while we're so physically messed up?
    Just wondering.
    Kholmes
  2. Nakomis

Nakomis New Member

Sheer luck :)

It's like wondering how a guy in his 60's (Jagger) can still be sporting a six-pack.

There ain't no justice ...

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

or happiness or being rich. I just posted re Mick Jagger ditto your comments.

They are lean machines to be sure.

Poor old Gene Pitney just dropped dead in Wales on tour at 65 and he didn't seem to be a wild thing at all.

Who knows where the finger points. I gave up trying to figure it. Love the Stones though.

Love Anne C
  4. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

be doing some of the same!!! maybe it is time for an online party!!!!!lol!!!
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

an "Animatron" LOL!!!

The 'real' Keith Richards passed away 20+ years ago. You will notice that they don't show him on camera much.....

Just my theory.....

Or, possibly he is getting better drugs than we are!
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

For one they do show muscle tone.....so did/does excerise?

For sure they are motivated.....go after it all with gusto and purpose. It is their passion.....
  7. darude

darude New Member

I watched Keith jumping around on stage and realized I couldn't do that. Interesting when George Harrison was dying of cancer Keith went to hospital and said to George "Can't believe your dying and I'm OK". It is unbeleivable and another one Ozzy Osbourne!!! Life ain't fair is it?
  8. buckeyegal46

buckeyegal46 New Member

I read somewhere recently that he has a rigorous exercise program: runs 12 miles a day, kick boxes, weight trains, plus a few more I don't remember. And I've always thought that, with his energy level, he must be hyperactive!
  9. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Mick Jagger's father was a huge physical fitness enthusiast who reputedly made Mick do daily calisthenics: situps, pushups when he was a boy. His father was also a basketball enthusiast who helped to popularize basketball in the U.K. Looks like Mick has kept up his fitness regimen for life.
  10. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

and sick women have healthy babies. It's written into their life chart.

I know on the other side I would have chose this life I'm living. I love a challenge and this life most certainly is. On the other side it's perfect, so when were choosing our life charts we don't know what we're getting into. We just want to perfect for God.

Sorry if I rambled and got to spiritual. I agree though with your question. Plus you only see whats on TV. You don't know if that jumping around is easy for him. It may look easy on camera, but at the end of the night he may be hurting.

Look at all those years Jerry Lewis looked so normal on TV. We never knew that he was suffering from agonizing pain the whole time. So I might always think twice what it looks like on the outside.

Halo
  11. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Can we say DAMNED GOOD GENES?

Some have them others don't. But didn't Mick look smashing for a 60 year old at the superbowl?

My hubby is near 60 and he has people guessing he is in his 40s. It helps when I am 33 .lol.

I just wished hubbys bod was a fab as Micks is shewwwwwwwww he really would make people have whiplash even more so then he does now! lol

eheheh Brenda
  12. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Maybe it's partly because he's so old? Seem to be more severely ill people in each generation down the line. The old ones in their 60s and 80s were born in a stronger era. With all the toxins in our environment, we get more genetic abnormality each time we reproduce. We are born ever more weakened into an increasingly toxic world.
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

with the why's in life...we could say they had liposuction and plastic surgery,,,,,

they have cooks and trainer to be on them....

they can afford the massages adn anything else they want...

i think they deserve their wealth and glad they kicked the habits....

14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Maybe the music keeps them young and active?

Ellen
  15. zerped

zerped New Member

Hicks said "Thank God we have Keith Richards around. When he was shooting heroin on a regular basis, he collapsed so many veins he had to shoot up in his eyelid! Shooting up drugs into his eye! Compared to that, a pack of Marlboros is a granola bar!" lol
  16. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Okay - not a rocker, but he smoked a cigar every day and drank martinis every night and lived a long,long life.
    Must be in the genes
  17. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Made me laugh. I thought the exact same thing when I watched him perform at during the Superbowl. He did look a lot more agile than I am.
  18. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I doubt that he is relatively healthy.

However, he is probably on so many things, as in happy drugs that it keeps him going.

After all, look at how thin the man, and Mick Jagger are.

As a former medical professional, I HAVE NEVER, EVER SEEN A FAT JUNKIE.

Why do you think Rush Limbaugh lost all that weight?

When I saw him and that he had lost all that weight, I told my husband he was addicted to something, and I was right. My husband thought I was just being suspicious, but he has finally admitted that I have a nose sniffer on this sort of thing.

19. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Because the world loves the Stones so much? I don't know!
    Kellyann
  20. cerise

cerise New Member

Keith Richards is really just a scientific experiment that Mick Jagger funded.

Maybe it's because he doesn't care and maybe it's genes and maybe it just ain't his time.

Whatever the reason, it has to be one of today's modern mysteries!

Besides who would have thought Brian Wilson would have been the surviving Beach Boy?!!!!