How can U tell if U have mold posioning HLA-DRB

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ulala, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ulala

ulala New Member

I've read that some have said they have mold poisoning. From Shoemaker's testing which test shows actual mold exposure and/or poisoning or toxicity?

I had the HLA panel done but haven't received my results yet. I'm going to get the other four tests next week. Will taking cholystramine affect the MSH, MMP-9 and VEGF tests? I've already had the C4a. Thank you for any insight into this!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2008]
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i think maybe you have to test for certain toxins?
  3. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I am new to the mold idea. I have many viruses and mycoplasma. When I asked my doctor if mold could be a factor, he said yes and to make sure that my house was okay. I have no idea where to start. I have read some of the posts which has been helpful.

Is there a specific test that could identify whether our bodies have a mold issue?? Does the HLA panel tell whether you are susceptible to mold? How do they do it and do you know the cost?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Cindy
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

You posted on my other thread for mold testing. I see we are both looking at possible exposure. I am currently doing a simple petri dish in-home test from Home Depot, but would still love the name of the company you use for testing.

I hope you get some answers with the testing you are having done. Please keep us updated. Kim :)
  5. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

The HRA panel will tell you if you have a susceptibility to mold, lyme, and other things. It also tells you if you have difficulty clearing toxins from the body.

MSH measures the level of melanocyte-stimulating hormone. IF the body can't clear toxins-that can lower MSH causing fatigue, pain, and other stuff

MMP-9 measures for a type of inflammation.

C4a-doctor's look at this in lyme patients-in lyme patients it can be very elevated.

I've heard that taking cholestryamine can cause MSH levels to increase which is a good thing if levels are low.

I don't know whether or not it would affect the test results.
  6. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

I think you need all the tests, plus some thought put into it based on your history, and likely exposure/reaction to moving locations to figure out if mold if effecting you. I think shoemaker talks about which markers go up in what circumstances and in what order in his book "Mold Warriors". But I think that whether you "stay sick" depends on the HLA-DR type and how long you have been exposed. For example, some people don't have the "mold succeptible" HLA-DR type, so while they might feel sick when in the presence of mold, they likely will improve on their own when they aren't around it anymore. Others need questran to help get the toxins out, even if they aren't being exposed anymore. I'd suspect that questran effects the lab results, other wise people wouldn't feel better on it. I am not sure though.. you'd have to consult with Dr. Shoemaker to be sure, but it does make sense that if it makes you better, it would normalize the labs.