How come no one ever answers my post? Please see below.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Apr 12, 2007.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

I feel pretty rejected that whenever I post something, no one ever answers it. I think most of us feel rejected anyway,and this only makes me feel worse. Why can't some people be kind and reach out to me? Some people get more than 10 answers to their posts. Is this a popularity contest?

very hurt
    baanders
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

back to the front page if you get no replies. This board moves so quickly that the person who might be able to answer your question may never see your message.

Also, like others have said, if we read your message but can't give any advice, we don't reply. Please don't think it's anything personal. I think all of us have posted things from time to time that no one really responds to.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. judieann

judieann New Member

Hello, I don't come in here very often and I want you to know that you are not being rejected. I hope that you are doing better today and that you know I care. Jude.
  4. Linzey

Linzey New Member

Hi baanders--Read your post and felt for you. I know how it is to feel rejected and alone. We sufferers need to stick together! Hope you are doing well!
    Linzey
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...what your post was about, but I assure you I would have answered it IF it was about something I had experience with.

On the other hand, I DON'T answer posts about subjects I have no experience or familiarity with. I let the experts on that particular subject answer. I personally feel that it is a waste of YOUR time---not mine---to try to give counsel on something I'm completely unfamiliar with and know absolutely zero about. Wouldn't you rather have comments from folks experienced with that subject?

I don't believe it is a popularity contest at all. I have sent out posts and had several people answer it---or none at all. When it's none, I don't take it personally, or assume people didn't have time for me, I just figure my question was probably one that had a pretty narrow focus, and maybe nobody has the expertise to address it.

And then I move on. I hope you can, too, and will not let one or two unanswered posts color your feelings about this board. There are a lot of friendly folks here!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. nev

nev New Member

do a search above for posts that are appropriate. The answer might be there, or lead you to the correct person.I have found this type of info in books I get from the library about these conditions and stuff.

I feel the same way sometimes, and have bumped my message, but there is so much traffic here. Although, this seems to be the most information rich site for my condition(FM).

Hope your hurt is melting away,
    nev
  7. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

I am so sorry, I don't know how long you have been here, I am new. Maybe its just that enough time hasn't gone by for some to post back, as we all have so much pain to deal with all the time, some may not have read you'r post yet. I don't think I remember reading you'r posts as yet, but its not on purpose hun, really it isn't. I am sorry you are feeling neglected.
  8. LadyC

LadyC New Member

Please don't feel rejected. I haven't been here that long but I have found this to be a very friendly and helpful place for us. I usually try to respond if I have something valuable to share. There are times I might want to reply but because I'm not feeling well at that time I can only read but not type out a reply.

[This Message was Edited on 04/14/2007]
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Nope this certainly isn't a popularity contest.I am truly sorry if you have felt neglected or rejected in any way. It was never intentional on anyone's part. Everyone is like a big family here. The board moves so fast sometimes that messages tend to get lost, so you might try bumping your message so more people can have a chance to read it.

I hope you are feeling well today,
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  10. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

I've seen people bring up this topic a couple times. Aside from not answering posts that I have no personal knowledge or opinion on, I find that posts which have a question or something like "Poll:...." helps me figure out who wants an response vs. just wanting to vent.

Secondly, you may want to click on "edit profile" in R upperhand corner and fill in your bio. This lets people know who you are better.

Finally, the board is just like any other social situation. People do get to know each other better and may respond more to those they are familiar with. For example, I read nofool's posts because he often gives unusual, skeptical responses and lisapetrison's posts often contain her own well-written theories about CFS.
  11. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

I like some others did read you post but dont understand the problem your having. We are truely not a popularity contest.... Some of us get caught up in our own problems also. I know your post had someting to do with delayed food allergies but I haven't ever heard of this therefore I chose not to answer as I had no answers for you. This is actually a really great place to go when you need help and I hope you keep coming. Thanks for letting us know when we dont help out some. Tam
  12. NannyGlo

NannyGlo New Member

Hi baanders. I'm new here, but your note got my attention. I have found on other newsgroups that sometimes when no one answers your post, it's not because you're being shun, but perhaps they are not familiar with the subject or don't have anything to add to the conversation. I hope you get lots of replys this time
    :) NannyGlo
  13. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Sorry your feeling rejected, sometimes I read a post and don't respond cause I'm not sure how to.

I would just keep bumping my post if I needed to. Some days I just say a quiet prayer for the poster.

My schedule is pretty heavy so when I do get on I check a couple of posts and I'm off.

Just wanted to say hi, nice to meet you, Rita
  14. Engel

Engel New Member

I glance through the titles and go into threads that relate to me.