How common is sciatica with FMers?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suziieq, Jan 31, 2003.

1. suziieq

suziieq New Member

Think I may have a new pain in the you know where to add to the others. Just wondering if anyone has any info. on this please?

Thanks
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I can't say I have seen research on it but I think a lot of us deal with sciatica. Just wanted you to know I share the you know where and what pain:)
    Joannie
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I suffer from a pinched sciatica all the time, but it's not necessarily from FM. I also have Degenerative Disc Disease, so I think that's what the problem is in that regard.
    We do have a butt club, if you're interested in joining!!!!!! LOL...

Debbie
  4. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I also have it and understand it's from my ddd plus disc bulges in lumbar spine but of course the FM pain doesn't help any. It comes and goes with me but I do find that leg stretches help it a lot...most phys. therapists can tell you the ones that are good for it - it took months before I noticed them helping but now I can't get up in the morning without doing them.
    Moist heat on low back also helps me. Hope you get some relief.
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

sciatica longer than I've had FM. Now it's all part of the big picture for me.

Karen
  6. suziieq

suziieq New Member

Thanks....I haven'thad my back checked out for any problems as of yet....but think maybe I should.

7. susabar

susabar New Member

My first crash ( Just last year) started with sciatica pain... It flattened me out and sent me to the ER when my back muscles spasmed and then froze. Then I went on to start all of the other lovely stuff that goes with FM.
    The pain really put me in bed though
    Good Luck!!
    Love Sue
  8. PEACH

PEACH New Member

HELLO : I READ YOUR POST ABOUT THE BUTT CLUB AND IF THERE IS ONE I THINK I NEED TO JOIN. I HAVE BI-LATERAL SCIATICA AND FIBRO BUT I HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING THAT SAY'S THEY GO HAND IN HAND. THE SCIATICA NEVER LEAVES AND YES I TOO HAVE DDD AND ALSO HAVE FIVE BULGING DISKS. PAIN IS THE NAME OF THE GAME WE PLAY BUT I AM NOT HAVING ANY FUN WITH THIS GAME.
    IF YOU FIND ANY INFO THAT SUGGESTS THAT FIBRO AND THE SCIATICA GO HAND IN HAND PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    SINCERELY PEACH
  9. kadywill

kadywill New Member

you may join our butt-ies club!! Search "pain in the butt" on the search message place on the top of this page and you can read more than you probably want to about our dreadful pain!!!
    Love,
    Kady
  10. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Had the sciatica diagnosis first with myofascial pain. Finally got the proper diagnosis of fibromyalgia, but I also have degenerative disc disease, too. I don't know if fibro causes the others or if it all just goes hand-in hand. But it is rough to handle when it's painful to sit or to drive. I can't even sit on my new couch anymore!
  11. illmakeit

illmakeit New Member

hello i am new to the boardi have terrible pain in my left hip been to the dr i have a pinched nerve.fibro for 22yrs some days are ok most are very painful .i find this board very heplful i have never chatted on line before but i am sure i will catch on illmakeit