~How did you come up with your User name??~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasmaia, Jun 14, 2005.

1. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Just for fun,.....there are so many neat sign on names and I know each one of us has a special reason that we made ours whatever it is! I would love to hear some of your stories, share if you want to:

Texasmaia - Well obviously I am from Texas. My step son and his wife were trying to get pregnant and I told them not to make me a grandma before I was 40! Well, they didn't wait and neither did my son. I had two girls when I was 39.

With all the divorces etc. the girls have lots of grand mothers and I wasn't ready for a granny name. Now I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND anyone! Really I don't. I wanted a name the kids could call me that would be different from all the other grandmas they had. (My sons daughter is a great great grand daughter on my side, and has 12 grandmothers all together) I just wanted something different.....soo we looked up all the grandma names and found "Maia" is Greek for Grandmother. Maia It Is!

Since my girls are all the Joy in my life right now, Maia is what I wanted my login to be.

How about you????
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I think it is kind of obvious how I came up with my user name, but the 94 stands for the year of birth of my cat, Biscuit. So that is why I used that year.

Of course, I really do love cats. lol

Hugs,
    Cat ^,,^
    [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2005]
  3. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I found a wonderful man and life is good hence the

Lovin Life in Alaska....my home state, I was born and raised here.
  4. LTpainallover

LTpainallover New Member

LT are my intials and painallover is what I feel.
    I would like to share though that I just started taking Magnesium and CoQ10 and drinking lots of PROPEL water. I feel that my flare is fading. I will be taking my life back shortly. One other thing. Does anybody think it would be rude to write to the propel water people to ask them for an easier to open bottle? When I am lacking in the nutrients in the water, I don't have the strength to open the darn lid on the bottle! LOL
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

my surname is smith and i was born i '79
    smif
  6. twerp

twerp New Member

He calls me Twerp (which secretly, just between us, means "I love you").

Hugs,
    Twerp

ps - I totally agree with the Propel comment; I find those bottles hard to open as well!
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

My zodiac sign and year of birth.

Michelle
    Libra55
  8. hnback

hnback New Member

My name is Helen. My user name is hnback. It is from a nickname that I've had for two years which started out as a bad joke.
    I met my boyfriend two years ago. His friends would ask him "What's her name?" He would answer "Helen" Then they asked "What's her last name?" Jokingly, he said "Back" . Their response was first a look of confusion and then the laughter.
    Later, I discovered it spelled hnback on his cell phone. I've never had a nickname and this stuck. It's harmless to me and seems to fit perfectly when I think about this DD.
  9. legalwoman

legalwoman New Member

hence the user name. Not imaginative at all.

Marilyn
  10. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I *hate* coming up with usernames for email accounts and message boards, etc. And, I am so bad at it. Here, I think I originally wanted some version of my name, but it was taken, so I came up with the first thing on my mind--CFIDS and my name.

Nicole
  11. LTpainallover

LTpainallover New Member

I LIKE it but if you ever do think about changing it POTTYBRAIN would be funny. I wish I would have thought of that.
  12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Rosie, I often call her Rosiebud so thats it. She's 17 and my constant companion, love her to bits.

Rosie
  13. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Hi everyone!!! My user name is Meekah. It's my cats name, lol. My son picked out our cats name when he was 2 so it's a special name for me. My real name is actually Suzanne!
    Love and Prayers
    Suzanne a.k.a. Meekah LOL
  14. LTpainallover

LTpainallover New Member

Besides most of them are males, but if I chose one pet's name over the other it would cause chaos in my house. One dog would get mad at the other and pick a fight, and the cats would get all hurt and start ignoring me. Pet owners know what I mean.
  15. Prunella

Prunella New Member

When I tried to join this board, every cute or clever name I tried was already taken. I tried a lot of them and was getting very fustrated!

When my daughter was little we met a woman named Priscilla, but she kept referring to her as Prunella by mistake. I am not sure where she got that name. I think it may be one of Cinderella's stepsisters.

Eager to get on the board, I typed it in and sure enough I got on the board!! Everybody must picture me as the ugly stepsister type, but I hope it's not true. Some day, I'll post a picture when I figure out how to do it!
  16. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

About all the WONDERFUL new friends and support system on this board.

It really is nice 2 meet you!
  17. desertfog

desertfog New Member

I live in the desert and i suffer from brain fog! I guess that is not very original either! The only nickname I have ver had was "cookies" when I was little, but I think someone had that as part of their user name. I guess I could have been more creative but was suffering from brain fog at the time! LOL

desertfog
  18. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Since this is a personal sharing board I wanted to just be myself and use my own name, but it was taken, so I was going to add my last initial and be Jeanne G like I am on everypoet.org, my poetry workshop site. The board will only take names taht are one word and I noticed there was another Jeanne-somethingorother on site, so figured I'd better be specific enough to not get my next choice rejected too. It gets frustrating trying to find a username sometimes. The board is international, so... It's a good thing too, because soon after me, we now have a lady who signs as Jeanne-in-Alabama, which I always take as a jesting little hats off to me.

Jeanne
  19. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I just thought Kinsie was a cute name - no rhyme or reason.
    My real name is Gayle.

[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2005]
  20. PainSux

PainSux New Member

self explanatory.