How did you decide on your "handle?"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaltair, Nov 4, 2005.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I think it would be fun to share how we made up our handle. Mine was an easy combination of my name so that I could remember it (duh .. brain fog).
  2. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

My real last name is one of the birds in nature..so I went with ladybird1.
  3. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

I have 1957 chevrolet wagon
  4. 1horse

1horse New Member

this is fun. the first two I picked out someone had..(my dog names) so I went with 1horse cause I have 1 horse (DUH) lol.
  5. emiltim

emiltim New Member

Emily is my 5 y/o daughter, and Timmy is my 3 y/o son. :)
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hey ... what can I say .. I love fudge .. the 43 was when I decided I would admit to my addiction of it .. sigh !
    Fudge : )
    PS .. Chocolate was taken ? LOL
  7. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Well I used my handle first when I rejoined weight watchers on line - I was determined to "get fit by 40"...
    Unfortunately, I am now 43 and farther away from fit ever...it is still my goal and mantra though! Maybe I should change it to "getfitinmy40s" Gotta laugh...

Nancy

[This Message was Edited on 11/04/2005]
  8. spmary

spmary New Member

Hi...My name is mary and I added the sp because that was a nickname my mother gave me(I plan to keep it a secret!)It is not very flattering, and she would forget and call me that in front of dates!...uuuuugggghhh! But we loved each other dearly so all is forgiven..Mary or spmary
  9. chopindog

chopindog New Member

My dog I had growing up was named chopin, after the composer. He was killed by a rutweiler when he was seven. I loved my chopin, so he has always been my handle!
  10. bozey

bozey New Member

bozey because I have a favorite uncle who all of us kids called bozo and then when we got older, we called him boz and now, my grandkids call him uncle bozey. So, bozey it is.
  11. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I have one of the more obvious handles! My name is Kathy but go by Kat often, and I'm (duh!) "in_Texas"!! Hee hee!

Maybe one of these days I'll come up with something really clever and change it. And it WON'T have "_" anywhere in it, I didn't realize that was a pain (literally somedays!) to type! :)

Kathy
  12. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

with the brain fog with this DD! And I was in a hurry to get on line here to read the messages. This is my first message board. Anyway, I love dolphins. I grew up watching them playing in the surf. I would really like to actually "swim with the dolphins" if I ever get well enough to go anywhere, like Hawaii, where you can actually do that. There is something very special about them that I can't quite define. I also love the beach, sea shells, lighthouses, whales and other sea life. Anyway, thats my story. Thanks, jaltair, this was a fun post!
  13. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I had a client named Ellie and its an adaptation of my surname & I always have to put nos at the end as its so popular 20 birthday and 53 was my age when I "adopted my name "
    Linda
  14. twister425

twister425 New Member

Twister is the name of my favorite horse and 425 is my birthday. I use that alot!!!
  15. fawkes2

fawkes2 New Member

okay l choose my handle after one of my favorite actors character , his character's name was Darien Fawkes and so l used the last name.
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My name is Sue so that's the Sue. As for the Five, when I first signed up for internet service, I had a cat named Five...don't ask why. I loved that boy cat who lived almost 14 years. When I signed in Sue 5, Suefive, etc. were all taken. So, I put Five first and no conjunction between. Wah-lah...my handle.

I have kept it all these years, and even changing services, no one else has ever had it. It also reminds me of my dear cat who helped me through so much. He died about a year and a half after I remarried. Bless his heart. I did love him.

Sue
  17. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

and I am known in the salon I work at as the razorqueen! I LOVE cutting hair with my razor!!
    Raz
  18. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Actually I love to watch the birds and paint them. The carolina wren and the tiny winter wren are my favorites.
    Wrens are the sweetest little parents and their song on a spring day can really lift my spirits.
  19. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

"the bubblehead" is a nick-name from the movie Scarface,
    when Tony Montana said "WHAT WOULD JU KNOW "BUBBLEHEAD"
    (especiallly when it comes to wrenchin on a motorcycle)
    my friend says.... What would ju know, Bubblehead?
  20. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

My kingergarden class had 6 Amanda's in it, so the teacher decided to use middle names.

Except all but 1 of us had the same middle name, too.

At that point the teacher mushed first middle and last names together.

Mine ended up being the first letter of my first name, my middle name, and the first 3 letters of my last name.
    A Lyn Dra

All through growing up I REALLY disliked the name Amanda, so Alyndra just stuck with me. Now that I'm out of that 'hate my name' phase though, I just use it for my handle.

~Amanda