How Did You Find ProHealth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Windytalker, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

This may have been a topic in the past, but I'd like to know.

I found PH in 2003. For me, it was a miracle. I'd just gotten my FM diagnosis (2 separate doctors) and had never heard of it before. My internet connection was limited (as still is) but I found this site and one other. Both made me realize I was no longer totally alone. I also realized I'd had FM all my life. I even warned my DH when we became an item back in the '80's, I had mysterious aches and pains and felt I needed to warn him. I also realized my Mom was an FM victim, but she had passed away in 2001.

I drifted away when PH had a major board upheaval. Also, by that time, I started my own regimen of controlling my FM (and I do most days) and had joined other groups. It was SFG who suggested I return...and I'm glad I did.

2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

I was looking for an active CFS chatroom with friendly upbeat people to find some fun and pun with people you don't have to explain to how you feel and why you feel the way you do. Though the chatroom was almost impossible to find and isn't active at all the chitchat boards are fun, especially the games :D
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Windy and Soul and et. al.

I can't remember the details, but I had been buying ProHealth supplements before I knew about the board.
    Pro Health is about 100 miles North of LA on the coast. A beautiful old town with a Mission and an
    historic courthouse.

4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

According to my profile I've been a member since 2007 even though I thought I had been a member here for longer than that. I found PH through Google. I'm not sure if I was actively looking for a group, or if I found it by accident while searching for something else. I used to order PH products, but for some unknown reason every order of mine got sent to Canada via Sweden so I stopped ordering as it was taking too long for my orders to arrive. o_O
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When I was diagnosed with FMS, I started my online research and found this wonderful sight filled with wonderful, generous and helpful people. Almost everything which has helped me since 2000 is something I first read about here. The board has gone through several improvements and I think some people lost some of their "seniority" due to that.

Love, Mikie
  6. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Thanks for the replies...and I'm hoping there will be more...sort of a mini-introduction in a way.:)