Do I have to just TELL the DR I can no longer work and need him to "disable me"? I told this rheumy that and I don't know if he is going to disable me or not? Do I wait a week and call back? My STD needs renewed/extended by 4/30/07. I can barely move. If I go back to work I will be fired because I cannot do my job ... I told him this.