How did you get off Cymbalta?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Apr 13, 2007.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I've been taking this for about 2 1/2 years now. Want to get off of it for many reasons.

I have weened myself from 2 a day down to 1 and am feeling really light headed and dizzy at times. Tried this once before and couldn't do it. Was going to start taking every other day next week then skip 2 days, etc. until I'm completely off of it.

Want did you do? How did it make you feel?

Can't tell if it helps with my fibro pain or not since I'm still in pain everyday!
  2. redtex

redtex New Member

is to taper slowly. with cymbalta this is difficult because it comes in only a few dosage sizes. it is also a capsule with different kinds of beads inside. if you can find a compounding pharmacy you can have doses made so that you can reduce very slowly,like 5-10 per cent every 2 weeks. go slowly or you will have bad withdrawl. the bad thing is doctors don't understand this. good luck
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

BUT ... I was starting another anti-depressant at the same time.

In retrospect ... I think it was helping me. The cost (even with insurance) was a tad high for my budget.

I am seeing a rheumy (my first) Tuesday and will go with what he orders. He is supposed to be top notch.
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

You didn't say what dosage you were taking. I have been on it before and it was hard to get off. It takes a long time to taper off of it. I would recommend getting a lower consistent dose from your dr. instead of skipping days and then it wouldn't be so bad. Hope this helps.