How did you hear that your SSDI was approved?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinderbug, May 1, 2007.

1. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

Hi,
    I posted this on someone else's thread, but not to highjack their thread , I would like to ask this seperately.

My question is for those who have been appoved for Social Security Disability.

I am in the reconsideration stage of SSDI . I am waiting with baited breath to hear because my rep told me it would be 2-4 weeks after I saw their mental health doc that I would here one way or another. It's been over 4 weeks.

The reason I'm posting is that my SSDI rep told me "good news comes in a phone call and bad news comes in the mail".

So I've been acting like a nut case (LOL maybe I am) the past couple weeks. The phone rings , I jump. The mail comes, I'm scared to look.

Did your approval come in the mail , or phone call?
    Thank you for your response with this.

Thanks,
    Cindy
  2. jole

jole Member

Bumping for Cindy
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

i've never heard of a phone call that you are approved, and the approval/denial letters look the same til you open them, so its a trip to the mailbox on pins and needles.
    i just received my letter of approval friday, aprox. 10 weeks after my hearing, and almost 3 yrs after the initial denial (by mail).
    my lawyers office did call me the same day i got my letter, as the lawyers and the claimants letters are mailed out the same day.
    hope you get good news--L
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2007]
  4. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

Thanks a lot to all that replied for your input. This waiting just gets harder everyday. I know it could go either way.

And thanks Jole for the bump!

Cindy

5. nina_and_me

nina_and_me New Member

I was approved in August 2003, and I received a little note in the mail with a check. I thought I was "better" and returned to work. It was one of the biggest mistakes I've made.

I got a year's worth of disability at one time, since I'd been out for the previous twelve months. I really thought I was better...and maybe I was, but I was NOT well enough to come back to work. I'm still working but afraid to try to live on disability income again - I just can't pay the bills with that income...but I'm afraid I'll be fired because I miss so much work.

nina
  6. melolo

melolo New Member

Hi Cindy....i know how you are feeling...you will receive a big fat envelope in the mail....of course there is a feeling of panic and dread...i was fortunate to be approved without an actual hearing before the judge...but it took about 32 months....i was denied once...then got the lawyer...denied again...and then with the help of my doctor and a great lawyer...i was approved all the way back to 2002..although you don't receive $$ but for the 2 previous years..then about 1 month after approval you will get your back payment check..the medicare info...then your monthly checks will start...i cried tears of joy when i read my letter..even more tears when i saw that check..i certainly never had on my list of things to do in my lifetime - being ill with cfs/fm and being of ssd...but how thankful i am now. also another victory for the cfs/fm community....good luck to you....gentle hug...emme
  7. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

I thank each and every one of you for your input. I'm not sure how mch more of this I can take! If I did not have a rep I would be calling SSDI myself but they asked me not to do that. They just say "you will know the same time we do".

At least after hearing all your applies I'm not as terrified of the mailman! LOL

Cindy