how do I accept this dx and move on from here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gypsy101, Oct 6, 2006.

1. gypsy101

gypsy101 New Member

I'm not handling this well. I'm not strong enough to be in pain every day. I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Between the fibro dx and the realization that I cannot stay in my marriage, I'm a mess. I contacted a lawyer today and have an appt on monday. He seemed very nice. My husband is out of town for a bit. I considered telling him while he's away, but decided to wait until after I speak to the lawyer. I called a local domestic abuse hotline and was told that the kind of abuse he's doing is valid. Emotional and mental abuse is real. So, that's good. I can't believe this is my life. I can't believe a person can be happy and hurt so bad and feel on fire.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Sounds like no fun at all! Please see a DR. as soon as possible! We can only take one day at a time, or sometimes one minute at a time!!

Breath Deeply and Relax as much as possible! I've Been in this situation and am a Believer so I Prayed alot and Things worked themselves out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Good Luck to you!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sisland
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that went by knick name of gypsy...

well not telling your hb anything until you see an attorney is the best...period...you never tell the left had what the right is going to do...

so sorry about the abuse but it seems you called the hotline and that is your savior use it....take their advice...

there is help for mem/or women in abusive relationships...

jodie
  4. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I do not know where you are from, but most states now have some kind of shelter for abused women. They will help you, not only in giving you a safe place to go, but also in job assistance and counselling. Do talk to them, you owe it to yourself. Remember you are not the one with the problem. Please read up on abusive relationships and it is well known once an abuser, it is hard to change that person's actions.