How do i approach the subject?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamelakc, Jun 5, 2011.

1. pamelakc

pamelakc New Member

Today, I went to church and this is a new church who doesn't know I have fibro and these other problems and they were kinda joking about me missing church. How do I approach the subject of all the problems I have? I have fibro, degnerative disc disease, neuopathy, diabetes, arthritis and other health problems because some people don't understand how come someone as young as me missing so often. I don't want to sound like a hypocondract (not sure I spelled that right). What is your advice? Thanx Everyone Gentle Hugs Pamela
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Pamela - It's not anyone's business what is wrong with you. Share what you are comfortable sharing, but not anything more. If someone is rude enough to ask why you have missed a church service, simply tell them that you have health issues that will sometimes cause you to be unable to attend. If they want more information, too bad, because it is none of their business. You don't owe anyone explanations.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Just a simple statement that you have some health problems is enough and your church members should respect that. If you get to know someone well enough and trust them, you can go into more detail if you want. But you don't owe anyone a detailed explanation of everything that is wrong.