How do I ask for stronger pain meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cowlady, Mar 16, 2003.

1. cowlady

cowlady Member

Guys - First thanks for listening. Now I took 8 weeks of FMLA from work back in the fall the Fibro waws killing me. It was my doctor's suggestions. The really large co. I work for has done everything they can to try to fire me or get me to quit. Now I have mono. I have now been out for 3 weeks. I go to the doc today. I am on 20 mg of Oxcontin 2 X a day - w/ Lortab for breakthrough pain which he gives me 60 to last a month and says to take 1 - 4 X a day. With those instructions I would need 120 pills but he only gives me 60. Well I need either something stronger or enough pills to take 4X a day. I have to take them 4 times a day just to stay comfortable. I usually wake up during the night and take one I am hurting soooooo bad. I need to get back to work before my FMLA runs out or I won't have a job. But I hurt too bad. Thank you for listening.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If not, I would find one. They are more knowledgeable about pain meds. Good luck. You have had a rough time of it and I am sending up a little prayer for you.

Love, Mikie