How do I control inflammation and support Mitochondrial integrity?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RadioFM, Dec 18, 2014.

1. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

"Ginger root has been a popular spice and herbal medicine for thousands of years. It has a long history of being used as medicine in Asian, Indian, and Arabic herbal traditions. In China, for example, ginger has been used to help digestion and treat stomach upset, diarrhea, and nausea for more than 2,000 years. Ginger has also been used to help treat arthritis, colic, diarrhea, and heart conditions."

Top Health Benefits of Ginger Root - A Powerful Nutritional Herb

The Do NO Harm Concept

Ginger root is anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-viral, anti-histamine that can significantly reduce both macrophage activation and T cell proliferation.

This is a big deal if you have CFS or FM.

Dietary Ginger can also significantly reduce induced lipid peroxidation and oxidative stress in rats and may have a protective actions in humans.

Again, this is a big deal if you have CFS or FM.

Ginger may help reduce the oxidative stress mechanisms as well as protected the Mitochondrial from the harmful affects cytokines induced inflammation.

I feel it's important to mediated inflammation using natural supportive therapies. It's the immune response that creates the symptoms.

If we can control inflammation on a cellular level we have gold. The main concept is to stop the cytokine storm and reduce oxidative stress mechanism as we restore cellular integrity.

The hyperactive immune system may be the main causative factor driving the cytokine induced Mitochondrial oxidative damage. My goal is to stop this viscous cycle and ultimately increase the bodies own natural healing potential.

My number one focus as always been, how can we coexisted with these chronic infections and protect are most valuable resource. "The mighty Mitochondria"

Note: I just want to add that DHA is a mandatory part of the synergistic affect of this recipe.

The Do No Harm Ginger Juicing Recipe:

• Ginger root,
    • Lemon or apple cider vinegar
    • Cod liver oil,
    • NT factor phospholipids
    • Stevia sweetener

1. Add 6 to 10-oz of fresh raw ginger juice concentrate to half gallon of water or more.

Please add 1/4 cup of lemon juice or 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar to this mix to boost the bodies alkalinity. (This will be your main juice supply)

2. Poor the desired Ginger juice in a coffee mug and add 1 scoop of phospholipids -NT Factor powder (use 1/2 scoop if you are sensitive)

See more here:

3. Add one full tablespoon of cod liver oil (lemon flavor) to the coffee mug and add stevia to taste.

See more here: Carlson’s lemon-flavored liquid cod liver oil

4. Pour Ginger mix into a blender or protein shaker cup (Mix)

5. Pour the Ginger juice back into coffee mug and enjoy (2xday + (1 x PM juice)

When I make the PM Ginger juice I do not add the phospholipids as it can cause sleep issues. "We now have created the ultimate Mitochondrial functional food."

Note: Life Extension has a potent Mitochondria-boosting formulations. I highly recommend this if you have CFS.

"This new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ contains shilajit (which studies have shown doubles CoQ10 levels in the Mitochondria) plus the breakthrough compound PQQ (shown to support the spontaneous generation of new Mitochondriain aging cells)."

See more here: htt p://

How can we optimize the bodies own healing potential?

We must repair and restore cellular integrity and prevent cellular injury before we can maximize the benefits from any healing strategy.

If we address the mitochondria first- we can allow our cells to increase their nutrient uptake so that Diet, Methylation, Anti-inflammatory support will have the most dramatic effect.

It's the immune response to these infections that creates the symptoms. Treatment must be focused on immune modulation and cellular supportive therapies.

Protecting our mitochondria from oxidative inflammation needs to be our first priority as these toxins created by these infections can be very damaging to the body.

The focus on killing these chronic infections needs to be the last step to prevent irreversible metabolic damage.

How Can We Restore Cellular Integrity?

Lipid replacement therapy supplementation is designed to improve mitochondrial function in people with chronic illnesses and multiple chronic infections.

"Clinical trials have shown that NT Factor can actually support the repair of damaged cell membranes – in effect reducing the cells’ biological age and restoring mitochondrial ability to generate energy."

Lipid Replacement Therapy

Please review links below:

Please review the health benefits of ginger and the alternative ways to make ginger juice below.

Ginger Shot: Great anti-inflammatory blood purifier!

Note: You can add 1/4 can of coconut milk, water and stevia to this juice shot and make a hot tea you can drink through out the day.

How to Make Ginger Juice

"Protecting our Mitochondria from oxidative inflammation needs to be our first priority as these toxins created by these infections can be very damaging to the body."

The information in this thread is not intended to be medical advice. The information is meant to inspire and motivate you to make your own decisions surrounding your health care and dietary needs. It is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Never Give Up The Fight!
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Sherpa_, Alyssa-Admin and Nanie46 like this.
  2. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

DHA really helps me with mood. I take 450 MG.

I also take the Longvida form of curcumin. When I first started it, I would yawn like crazy and get really sleepy. Maybe that response was due to monoamine oxidase inhibition although I don't feel like I have day-time anxiety.

Interesting links. Thanks, RadioFM.
    RadioFM likes this.
  3. bct

bct Active Member

I take Omega 3, Curcumin, alpha-lipoic acid, olive leaf extract, Methyl B12 sublingually, vit. D, 2000 x 2, no junk food.

Also mag.citrate, vitamin pill, baby aspirin, and dark chocolate

Also CoQ 10 .
    RadioFM likes this.
  4. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

Mmm, bct. Dark chocolate is my favorite thing to take! I eat 1/2 ounce of Theo's 85% Dark Chocolate every morning, and I don't know if it helps with inflammation, but it does make me exceedingly happy.
    Alyssa-Admin and RadioFM like this.
  5. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

What about Lipid replacement therapy, Do I really need it?

If you decide to not incorporate the NT Factor into the ginger recipe. You may never discover the true healing power of the Mitochondria to regenerate its self.

NT factor was one of the main supplement I utilized in my recovery. I truly feel with out these phospholipids, I would still be bed bound with CFS.

The Lipid replacement therapy protocol has help me restore my Mitochondrial function and was essential part in regain my health.

I took back my life from CFS. I have no muscle weakness and feel like my old self.

"Some will say I never had CFS"

I wish that was true as I would not wish CFS on my worse enemy.

I was diagnosed by a functional medicine doctor (literate) in CFS.

I was actually researching Dr. Amy Yasko work on nutrigenomics before I got sick as B12 deficiency almost killed me.

I have spent thousands of dollars on lab testing and I have a long list of infections driving my illness. Many of these chronic infections are not curative and I will have them for the rest of my life.

I want to point out that we may all have different trigger that may set the stage for developing CFS. The main trigger for me was a toxic pharmaceutical exposure. It was the last straw in my bodies defense mechanism to deal with these contributing factors. I crashed!

The doctors of today do not know that many of the drugs Proscribed are never tested for Mitochondrial toxicity and can hurt you if you have these underlining risk factors. Such as: Methylation insufficiency, chronic infections, virus, mold and mercury toxicity to name a few.

You can be in a car accident and develop CFS if you have these risk factors.

The point I am trying to make is you can still have these risk factors and restore your Mitochondria function.

If I stop taking NT factor, many my symptoms start to come back in 4-5 months. I am not cured. But, I have my life back.

I am here to tell you as god as my witness that NT Factor is the real deal. I have helped two other forum members with CFS utilizing these concepts and both are doing extremely well.

I use the Ginger recipe to control my inflammation and NT factor to maintain my Mitochondria cellular integrity. I also want to add that a nutritional intervention is mandatory part of my healing strategy.

My healing concepts may not help everyone. But, it may be worth exploring this strategies as they are safe and natural. The number one rule I have integrated in my functional medicine mind set is Do No Harm.

I feel the full Do No Harm Ginger, NT factor, DHA concept may have a positive therapeutic value in addressing many of symptoms of CFS/FM.

Healing possible. But, we also need to raise the level of healing in as may areas of the body for this miracle to happen. The key for me was educate my self as well as working with well informed doctors who are literature in chronic disease.

These doctors do not always know all the answer, they are just another tool in the box of therapeutic options that may be beneficial.

You hold the power to getting your life back, some call it determination I call it the power of adversity.

"We need to raise the level of healing in as may areas of the body for this miracle to happen"

1. Control inflammation and reduce the oxidative stress mechanism
    2. Support Mitochondria integrity
    3. Remove all inflammatory fake toxic food from your diet (ASAP)
    4. Support and identify gut dysfunctions
    5. Support identify Methylation deficiencies
    6. Support identify Mineral deficiencies
    7. Support detoxification pathways
    8. Identify and treat chronic infections with a well informed literate Doctor
    9. Never give up the fight!

"We must raise awareness and share our experiences to help others find answers to their health challenges of today."

We also need to send the message of hope as no one knows the power of adversity.

When I had B12 deficiency symptoms, NO conventional medicine doctor could help me. I slowly lost the ability to walk. I knew there had to be a causative factor and there was "Nerve demyelination" AKA B12 deficiency.

My determination ultimately save my life! (See link below)

Only treating the symptoms and not looking for the possible causative factors is the biggest mistakes doctors are making in the medical community today.

The power of adversity

I am a research junky and I thought I had a good foundation of how the body worked and what testing was available to me. In retrospect I was wrong as "life is short and medicine is long".

When I was bed bound with CFS and had thoughts of ending my life as I could not breath. I was so sick that my muscles for breathing were affected and it was impossible to sleep.

I heard a voice say "don't give up" At this moment in time I said to my self, I will give it one more shot and poor my heart and soul in to researching these topics I post about today. The main question I was trying to answerer was:

How can I restore my energy using the bodies own healing potential?

Deep down I knew diet had to be part of the solution as I stumbled across a book call "Minding My Mitochondria" by Dr. Wahls.

The Wahls diet was very high in sulfur vegetables so I had to modified it to reflect my food sensitivities. The Wahls paleo plus diet was very helpful in improving my cognitive abilities and many other factors related to my symptoms. Please review the nutritional aspect of healing I utilize to super charge my Mitochondria today (Here)

The light bulb when off in my head after reading her book. I was inspired to research more into Mitochondrial related therapies as I needed to find a way to heal my self.

I went back in time and re-discover Dr. Garth Nicolson works on Lipid Replacement Therapy that always looked looked promising to me. I did have reservation about trying another expensive supplement they may not work. But, LRT was a functional food and I was all about using nutrition to heal my self.

I order the supplement and started taking it in relatively high does combined with my customize anti-inflammatory diet. I also utilized a ginger Ayurvedic recipe as described (Here)

The miracle of healing happened. In 6-8 weeks I started recovering my lost muscle strength and regain my mobility. I soon started gaining weight as my breathing improved -I was very thankful to able to sleep again. I thank God for not letting me give up on my self.

I know everyone will have their own individual healing stories to discover and some may only be able to raise their level of health just enough to tolerate their symptoms. But, we must never give up on ourselves and lose the healing power of hope and Adversity.

Note: I will be posting related research links below. (Please review)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  6. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

"DHA really helps me with mood. I take 450 MG."

Adding fish into my diet was life changing for reducing my over all pain. Question: what brand of DHA did you find to be the was most beneficial?
  7. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

I take 1/2 dose of Nordic Naturals DHA Xtra. Two soft gel caps contain 900 MG of DHA and 180 MG of EPA.

Recently, I've also added 1/2 dose of Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega Xtra Liquid. One tsp. contains 1000 MG DHA and 2000 MG EPA.
    RadioFM likes this.
  8. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Avant-Never Give Up The Fight

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  9. Sherpa_

Sherpa_ Member

Colorado-based Bluebird Botanicals' Cannabidiol CBD Oil is good and they also offer a anti-inflammatory "Bulletproof" blend with frankensence and black cumin extract, in addition to hemp CBD extract. This hemp product will not get you "high" but it does have anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety effects.

CurcumaSorb (formerly Mervia) brand curcumin extract is very good. 500mg will put out a fire pretty good. Can stimulate a little so best taken before dinner/.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    RadioFM likes this.
  10. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Great info -Thanks Sherpa!
  11. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Great information (as per usual!!!). What I find baffling is that apparently there is no inflammatory biomarker for FM....considering most of the people I am in touch with seem to have or have had inflammation.

For me, a good cold ice pack on the back of my neck wrapped in a towel is probably the best thing I have personally found to reduce the inflammation - immediately. (As of course taking supplements might take a while to get into your system and start working).

The other thing to mention in regards to inflammation/pain is about the night shade vegetables - tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, chillies, peppers...and tobacco.

I am typing this after eating a salad with some baby tomatoes in it - which never bothered me before - just tinned. Guess that's a new thing to add to the list...

I think that when we have the education, resources and understanding what makes our bodies tick and our patterns, it can help us hugely in regards to gaining more control back and knowing what is helping and what isn't. (So, I thought I would just mention here, that the ProhHealth App will be available soon, and you can start tracking everything from pain, sleep, mood, supps, meds, flares. Finding out what is working and what isn't is 3/4 of the battle. And I fully believe (as I know you do as well, FM Radio) that so many of our issues stem from digestive problems, foods that we are intolerant to and don't even know it (on top of the basic gluten, sugar stuff).

I am hoping that when the forum is updated we are going to have a section that has nutrition and recipes (2 separate sections). Getting our food and food intolerances under control is one thing - but knowing what we can eat...and even enjoy - that is easy, cheap and the whole family can eat it (and will want to) a huge challenge for many of us.

Ok. Rambling now. :)
  12. IanH

IanH Active Member

It is quite correct to say that there are no consistent clinical markers of inflammation in fibromyalgia and in ME/CFS.
    When people show up such inflammation it is not due to the FM it is due to a secondary, local inflammation. People with FM (and ME/CFS) are prone to prolonged inflammation from usual causes such as arthritic inflammation, infection and injury so these can sporadically show up but when they are not present there is no inflammation.

That is at one level (the accepted clinical level). However at the immuno-chemical level there are inflammatory biomarkers depending on the stage of the illness. The recent paper by Mady Hornig is evidence of this but there have been many other papers showing these "research biomarkers" such as the work done by Prof. Alan Light, Prof. Marshall-Gradisnik etc.

This means that generally "natural "inflammatory" aids do little for the symptoms of FM and ME/CFS. However there are some nutrients/foods which could be influencing the release or activation of the pro-inflammatory cytokines.

As mentioned; ginger and of course curcuminoids.
    And there are the anthocyanins such as from billberies and blackcurrants, anthocyanin supplementation may have a role in the prevention or treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases by inhibition of NF-kB transactivation and decreased plasma concentrations of pro-inflammatory chemokines, cytokines.

J. Nutr. 137: 1951–1954, 2007.

However, as yet the consistent upregulation of nfkb has not been confirmed although I suspect it is.

Vitamin D and EPA/DHA in combination have been shown to modulate these cytokines. You seem to need around 5000iu to 8000iu daily with 1200mg EPA/DHA for this to occur.

or here:

I have the full paper of this study and it is very clearly one of the main ways to influence neuro-inflammation. While the paper is not on ME/CFS or FM the study is quite applicable.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  13. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

The Ultimate Synergetic Combination

Ginger root is anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-viral, anti-histamine that will give you energy with out the crash. Ginger may also relieves body aches and help settle the stomach.

Fish oil relieves neuropathic pain and may be helpful in reducing FM inflammation.

The raw Ginger juice and the Cod-liver oil supplementation dramatically reduces my FM inflammation!

Also, I really like Low Dose Naltrexone for a safe drug therapy option.

Please review the links below:

Ginger mechanisms for control of inflammation?

"The 2011 publicationCyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors in ginger (Zingiber officinale) reports “Ginger roots have been used to treat inflammation and have been reported to inhibit cyclooxygenase (COX). Ultrafiltration liquid chromatography mass spectrometry was used to screen a chloroform partition of a methanol extract of ginger roots for COX-2 ligands, and 10-gingerol, 12-gingerol, 8-shogaol, 10-shogaol, 6-gingerdione, 8-gingerdione, 10-gingerdione, 6-dehydro-10-gingerol, 6-paradol, and 8-paradol bound to the enzyme active site. Purified 10-gingerol, 8-shogaol and 10-shogaol inhibited COX-2 with IC(50) values of 32 μM, 17.5 μM and 7.5 μM, respectively. No inhibition of COX-1 was detected. Therefore, 10-gingerol, 8-shogaol and 10-shogaol inhibit COX-2 but not COX-1, which can explain, in part, the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger.”

"Another mechanism used by ginger compounds to inhibit inflammation is attenuation of NF-kappaB-mediated iNOS gene expression.The 2006 publication Gingerol metabolite and a synthetic analogue Capsarol inhibit macrophage NF-kappaB-mediated iNOS gene expression and enzyme activityrelates “–Inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), a proinflammatory enzyme responsible for the generation of nitric oxide (NO), has been implicated in the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases. Gingerols, the main pungent principles of ginger, have anti-inflammatory properties in vitro. In this study we examine the inhibitory effect of a stable [6]-gingerol metabolite, RAC-[6]-dihydroparadol ([6]-DHP) and a closely related gingerol analogue, RAC-2-hydroxy-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)dodecan-3-one [a capsaicin/gingerol (Capsarol) analogue referred to as ZTX42] on NO production, inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) activity and protein expression levels in a murine macrophage cell line

–.– Although both compounds partially inhibited the catalytic activity of iNOS, their inhibitory effect was predominantly due to attenuation of iNOS protein production. This occurred at the transcriptional level, since the gingerol compounds decreased LPS-induced IkappaB-alpha degradation, prevented nuclear translocation of NF-kappaB p65 and reduced NF-kappaB activity in a concentration-dependent manner. Taken together, these results show that ZTX42 and [6]-DHP suppress NO production in murine macrophages by partially inhibiting iNOS enzymatic activity and reducing iNOS protein production, via attenuation of NF-kappaB-mediated iNOS gene expression, providing a rationale for the anti-inflammatory activity reported for this class of compounds.

Inhibition of LPS binding to MD-2 co-receptor for suppressing TLR4-mediated expression of inflammatory cytokine by 1-dehydro-10-gingerdione from dietary ginger.

"Myeloid differentiation protein 2 (MD-2) is a co-receptor of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) for innate immunity. Here, we delineated a new mechanism of 1-dehydro-10-gingerdione (1D10G), one of pungent isolates from ginger (Zingiber officinale), in the suppression of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced gene expression of inflammatory cytokines. 1D10G inhibited LPS binding to MD-2 with higher affinity than gingerol and shogaol from dietary ginger."

Note: This is a big deal if you have CFS or FM.

See more here:
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  14. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

I feel controlling TLR4 Activation may be the key to Ginger's therapeutic values.

TLR4 Activation Is Required for IL-17–Induced Multiple Tissue Inflammation...

See more here:

"Toll like receptors (TLR) are proteins that are an important component of the immune system. TLR4 is an example of one that is predominantly associated with microglia, which are the cells responsible for inflammation in the nervous system. TLR4 expression is increased in a number of neuroinflammatory conditions resulting in the production of inflammatory cytokines such as IL6, TNF alpha and NF-kappaB. LDN blocks the TLR4 receptor inhibiting microglial activation and cytokine production. Microglia have been implicated in dysautonomia, particularly multiple symptom atrophy (MSA)."

See more here:
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  15. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

16. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Thank you once again for your info and back up data. It would be interesting to do a study of people say in India and their diets are full of these healing property spices and herbs. Look at ayurveda. It would be interesting to do a comparable study with people in the Western world and the East. Fresher fruits, vegetables, and lots of herbs and spices, the use of ayurvedic massage (husband and I had one in India... Never again!!!)

Ultimately, what's needed for me these conditions is a relatively easy, available test. Personally, if that can happen, it would make a huge difference for so many as proof of their condition.
    RadioFM likes this.
  17. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

@Alyssa-Admin "
    what's needed for me these conditions is a relatively easy, available test. Personally, if that can happen, it would make a huge difference for so many as proof of their condition."

NeuroScience, Inc. Immunology Testing

Please review cytokine immunology testing info below:

• NeuroScience click on Immunology...look for "Inflammatory cytokine profile TEST" IL-1beta, IL-6, IL-8, IL-17, IFNgamma, and TNFalpha. C3a and C4a

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  18. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Cytokines and Fibromyalgia Syndrom?

"Cytokines are small molecules that do not stay around very long in the body before they are either taken up or degraded. They act as chemical messengers to affect immune responses, tissue repair, or cell growth. Their production is influenced by both the central nervous system and the immune system. The sympathetic nervous system, through the secretion of catecholamines, will activate the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA) and stimulate the release of cytokines. If you don’t know about HPA axis then read the two short reports on “The Neuroendocrine Theories Behind Fibromyalgia.” Catecholamines are the “fight or flight” hormones produced by the adrenal glands – epinephrine and norepinephrine and they primarily act through the sympathetic nervous system. For more information about epinephrine and norepinephrine you can read the short reports on “Dysautonomia, ”and the two-part series on ‘The Neuroendocrine Theories of Fibromyalgia.”

"The most common cytokines are “interleukins,” and they are abbreviated and numbered, e.g. IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, and so on. IL-8 is a key cytokine that plays a role in inflammation. It is released by macrophages, cells that are activated in response to tissue injury. They help promote pain in laboratory animals and will cause pain in a dose dependent manner, meaning the higher the concentration of IL-8, the greater the pain the animal will experience. The secretion of IL-8 by macrophages can also be induced by substance P, which is a major nerve transmitter that you will read quite a bit about in the sections on pain in fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) that are coming up in the near future. IL-8 is of particular importance because it also activates the sympathetic nervous system. IL-6 and another cytokine called tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) are also major inflammatory cytokines and have been implicated in the generation of a particular type of pain called neuropathic pain."

"A group of researchers first proposed a link between cytokines and FMS when they observed that patients given IL-2 cell therapy for melanoma or terminal renal cell carcinoma developed FMS-like symptoms such as myalgia, cognitive impairment, and tender points. The IL-2 therapy was part of the treatment for these cancers. Since that time, there have been numerous studies that have attempted to correlate the role of cytokines to clinical manifestations of FMS based, in part, between their relationships with the HPA axis and the sympathetic nervous system. If you haven’t done so, it’s definitely time to read the two part series on the “Neuroendocrine Theories Behind Fibromyalgia.”

"Part of the interest is driven by what is known by psychiatrists as the “sickness behaviour” noted in FMS – pain, fatigue, cognitive changes, and depression that tends to match those signs seen with activation of the immune response system as a result of an infection. Remember, people with FMS will tend to say they feel like they have the “flu” all the time, that’s been one of the best ways used to describe FMS to other people. Psychiatrists are doctors, they like to have more medical ways to say things, so they called that common way of expressing FMS, “sickness behaviour.”

" Although patterns have tended to emerge, there are some subtle differences. The discordant results may reflect the small sample sizes used in the studies, differences in patients’ conditions, the amount of adipose tissue (which affect how cytokines are produced), as well as dissimilarities in laboratory techniques; no two studies were exactly alike."

"If you’re ready – here’s a rundown on what’s been found so far (take a deep breath). One group of researchers have published two studies that found significantly elevated levels of IL-8 that correlated to pain intensity as measured by tender points. Another group has also found high levels of IL-8 in FMS patients, but not IL-10 or TNF-alpha. On the other hand, different researchers noted high levels of IL-8 as well as IL-10 and TNF-alpha. Then some other folks found elevated IL-8 and TNF-alpha but not IL-10. Wait a minute, here’s a group that reported no differences in IL-10 or TNF-alpha but now this fellow found decreased levels of TNF-alpha. Another common inflammatory cytokine, IL-6, was not found to be higher in four studies of FMS patients, including a major report from the National Institute of Health, although a major FMS researcher group noted higher levels in patients, provided they had symptoms for more than two years. Confused? So is everyone else." See more here:

"Evidence of central inflammation in fibromyalgia-increased cerebrospinal fluid interleukin-8 levels."

"Activation of glia cells resulting in intrathecal elevation of cytokines and chemokines has been hypothesized in chronic pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia. To our knowledge, this is the first study assessing intrathecal concentrations of pro-inflammatory substances in fibromyalgia. We report elevated cerebrospinal fluid and serum concentrations of interleukin-8, but not interleukin-1beta, in FM patients. This profile is in accordance with FM symptoms being mediated by sympathetic activity rather than dependent on prostaglandin associated mechanisms and supports the hypothesis of glia cell activation in response to pain mechanisms." See more here: Evidence of central inflammation in fibromyalgia-increased cerebrospinal fluid interleukin-8 levels.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  19. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

The Do No Harm Protocol

(Ginger lemon juice -Cod-liver oil -NT factor -N-Acetyl Glucosamine) The Ultimate Synergetic Combination...

Who want to take the Do No Harm Ginger Juicing Challenge?
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    ljimbo42 likes this.
  20. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Radio- I'm going to be buying a bunch of lemons and some fresh ginger either tomorrow or the next day- cheers!