How do I file for ssdi if my doc's office don't do claims

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. fieldmouse

    fieldmouse New Member

    I am not sure what to do cuz my doc's office don't do disibility claims. I am seeing a new doc in a couple weeks but I am guessing you need a doc for awhile before you can file. I don't even know if the new doc will help me. Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you get around this?.....Mick!
  2. Vette

    Vette New Member

    fieldmouse, I don't know of any Doc's who would fill out an SSDI application. You go to your local SS administration office, or, I believe you can now download an application on their website. You complete it all yourself and send it in per instructions, if you are denied, and you usually are the 1st time and often the 2nd, then you get (yourself) the paperwork to send in for a review. Alot of the information will be repetitive, I would make a copy of the applications you fill out so you don't have conflicting answers from one filing to the next. If you are denied twice, you request a Hearing before a Judge, at this point it is a good idea to get a Disability Attorney (no money up front). See your Doctor/Doctor's often and tell him you are applying for disibility asking him to please document everything for your case. A Hearing could take two years or more. It's a slow process. There are several of us going through it right now on this board. You can run a search to read our stories about this. Good Luck!
  3. fieldmouse

    fieldmouse New Member