How do I find a good doctor??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JQP, Jun 2, 2003.

1. JQP

JQP New Member

Can anyone help me find a good doctor in Bradford, W Yorks who understands what I am going through.

I feel sold out by mine, and have to change because have moved from their area ( a year ago. I can't cope with the 'and what do you normally do when you get this bad" from one, and 'well, you just need to push yourself a bit harder' from the other.

Am currently being retested for anti-mitachrondrial anti-bodies which showed up 7 years ago (another doctor, in another area) which was dismissed as being nothing to worry about. And recently have found that if still there, there could be a major problem! On top of everyting else.

I am so sick and tired of all the struggles, this is just another one on the plate. I want to live again.. is that too much to ask?

Think I'm feeling abit blue

JQP
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

At the top of the page, along the Purple Banner, ther's are place to click on and that will lead you to some Doctor's that are Recommended by other Patients mostly.

Also someone in your area may know of one, good luck, a good Doctor is worth all the Money in the world when you are batteling these DD's.

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  3. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Welcome to the board. Sorry you are having such a bad time, I know how you must feel. It is bad enough having this illnes, but not finding the right doctor can be a big struggle. I used to live in Bradford about 23 years ago. I have fond memories, although I dont miss the weather. I now live outside London. Have you been in touch with Leeds and District ME group.

Usually the ME association can give a list of good ME doctors in your area, but your GP has to request the list from them. They only fax the list back to the doctor. I ended up finding a doctor myself through the people on this board, but he is in London.
    Please let us know how you get on and best of luck.

Love
    Satin