How do I find out what the numbers mean on tests?Losing wt ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Sep 29, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I don't know what all the numbers mean on the tests that was done awhile ago. Think it's been 2 yrs since I done them. It shows I had borderline high cholesterol and pre diabetic. I remember them calling me and telling me about the chol but they didn't tell me the numbers and I told them I would try cutting it down with changing my food,don't know if I did. They didn't tell me about the diabetes thing. I don't how the chol could be so high cause I don't fry foods much,don't eat butter,use olive oil and canola oil,go easy on the salt. Think it comes from eating pkg food,cheese and cotttage cheese. I'm a vegetarian so I eat mostly carbs and crave sweets.

Plus I've gained a little more weight since I've been off work for 3 months. I'm overweight anyway. I'll bet the chol has gone up or not changed. Gonna have to tell the dr to check it all again whether I can afford it or not. Heart disease runs on both sides of my family and so I'd better get myself together and lose this weight but we all know how hard it is. I bought a diabetic cookbook,thought that might teach me to cook a little better to lose weight whether or not I'm diabetic.

Anyone have any ideas on losing weight? Need to learn to cook lowfat meals,something fast and easy. By the time I get it cooked and ate I'm completely exhausted.

Thanks,Keke
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

If you will tell me the tests done and the numbers, I will do my best to get the info to you.

As far as diet, I have found that high protein/low carb works best for me. Sort of a South Beach/Atkins thing. Of course, I had gastric bypass done! LOL

God Bless.