How do I get dr to give beta blocker for anxiety

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi I'm going to the dr tomorrow. Not my dr as he is filled up. Need to go as I have public speaking phobia major and I have to go to court this week to testify against a creap who abused my mom.

Anyway I taking xanax and its not helping and I am have tons of stress. Do I jst tell the dr that and he will give me a beta blocker? Or how do I get him to do it? My blood pressure is good.
    Thanks,
    Rene
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Rene:

Why not just call the doctor and explain it just as you did above. He might give you a little something to tide you over.
    It can not hurt to try.

Good luck,

nyrofan
  3. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I would go from 60 to 120 bpm in a matter of seconds. After being completely cleared from the cardiologist he would not give me anything. He actually told me to eat more salt to keep my bp up.

The next trip to my endo I told him what was happening and that it was exhausting me. He said there was no reason I should not be able to take a beta blocker (toprol). He prescribed 12.5 mgs (half of the smallest dose) per day. It has stopped the heart racing problem.

I also suffer from low bp (90/60) and he put me on hydrochlorathiazide (bp med) for loss of calcium not bp problems.

Needless to say while taking the bp med and beta blocker my bp has not dropped below normal although they don't like to see 90/60. He suggested I eat a little more salt each day.

Shannon