how do I get MRI with restless legs???

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Fireball, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Fireball

Fireball New Member

I was scheduled yesterday for MRIs on both legs. I was supposed to put one leg at a time in this new machine and keep it there for 45 min. without moving!!!! That would be a total of one hour and a half. I told them there was no way and so they have rescheduled me for the machine that you lie down in. I have decided to do each leg on a different day as I have no idea how I possibly can do it for the 45 min. time allowed for one, not to mention I have to do it twice.

Maybe I need some kind of pill to knock me out or totally relax me. What have others done? I can not keep my legs in a sitting position or other position for longer than a few minutes. I usually do not take meds other than ibupropin as I am too sensitive to meds.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks.
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

If you are going in the machine that you lay down in, wouldn't they be doing BOTH legs at the same time????

I just had an MRI done last week. If you are going in that tube , I would think that they would be doing both legs simutaneously.

Can you take Valium???? If so, ask your doctor if he will prescribe some that you take probably 3 minutes before the procedure. I'd talk to the place ahead of time and tell them your situation. Maybe they would have some foam or something to help you stabilize your leg position.

Oh, If you do take Valium, you MUST have someone with you to drive you home. I'd call and talk to someone at the facility or call your family doctor. Certainly, you can't be the first person who has this problem. Why try to reinvent the wheel when they may already have a solution. Joyfully

P.S. I'd get leery of any web site that someone wants to send you to. It could be safe, or it could be something to cause you harm. They aren't supposed to be putting those web sites down here anyway. Several months ago, someone put a web site down. Several people who went to that particular site had some serious security problems afterwards. So please do be careful. Joyfully
  3. arkansasfish

arkansasfish New Member

I had a test once and they offered me a valium. I said no but I WISHED I had of taken them up on it. Even with no problems like you have, I HAD trouble being still!!!!
  4. lovecarebear

lovecarebear New Member

I ALSO HAVE RESTLESS LEGGS WILL BAD.IN DAY TIME OR NIGHT.IT DOES NOT MATTER. I HAD TO HAVE A MRI. THE DOCTOR ORDER VALIUM. HAD TO TAKE IT 30 MINUTES BEFORE TIME. AND IT WORKED OUT PERFECT. GOOD LUCK. FROM LOVECAREBEAR
  5. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

I work with individuals with developmental disabilities and they actually had to sedate, totally, one of my individuals to get a clear, concise MRI. This is not out of the possibility of things and could save huge money in the long run. I too had an MRI recently on leg and could barely be still. Ask for the sedation. Especially, if you have documented restless leg. Good luck!