How do I get the doctor to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by addictedtobrew, May 19, 2006.

1. addictedtobrew

addictedtobrew New Member

say a firm diagnosis? He just keeps saying I have myalgias. I need to know a diagnosis its making me crazy.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

addictedtobrew:

My guess would be to print out a map of FM's trigger points and bring it to him. Let him check you out with these in hand. Maybe your 'myalgia' may make it to FM.

You take care in the meantime.

nyrofan
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

which is to go to my PCP and say, what are the chances that I have Fibromyalgia?

He asked me if I knew what it was, I told him, he said he would do some blood work to rule out other things and if that was all good it probably was FM.

That is how I got my dx.

Probably won't work for many, but it did for me and what have you got to lose?

Sonya
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2006]
  4. addictedtobrew

They have already ruled out Lupus or Rheumatoid arthritis. My ana was negative. But I do have inflammitory markers in my blood work. I am hoping he isnt one of those doctors that doesnt believe fibromyalgia is a real illness. I have already been to one doctor like that and she told me fibro was just depression.
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

to start reading some updated medical journals...

Fibro is everywhere you look now, Prevention mag, Guideposts, Woman's Day, etc
  6. addictedtobrew

Dont understand what else he thinks he can rule out before he calls it fibro. We are at the end of the dx and I truly dont believe its chronic fatigue because the anti inflammatories are helping.