How do I lose weight gained after a lumbar fusion?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nucleargran, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Nucleargran

Nucleargran New Member

I have had fibromyalgia for almost 20 years. It has been improving the last couple of years - I have an excellent Dr. (in WA state) but I recently underwent a lumbar fusion - actually two surgeries - the first one was the new Dynesys method and some of the screws came loose soon after which necessitated a second surgery to remove the Ti screws, fill the holes, replace the discs and then redo the fusion with titanium rods. I was off work for 6 months. During that time I didn't gain any weight but since then I have gained almost 12 pounds!!! I am in my middle 50's and I have never been over weight. It is killing me to have gained so much weight!!!

Has anyone had a similar experience and if so did the weight ever come off? Some people have told me that the weight is due to changes in my metabloism due to the surgery and other stresses - we have had a great deal of stress in the family this past year. I rarely eat anything fattening and my meals are very modest. Can someone help me???
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I have teribel back problems and I love it, but it has to be in warm water, and I had to pay $50 a session for use of the Physical therapy pool, if you can believe it.

[ advertisement ]