How do I make breaks in my long paragraphs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Jan 8, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

Even when i make the breaks by computer the paragraph still comes up in long form.I had put a challenge on the board.It was long because it was very detailed.This really works and I wanted to share it with many.I didn't have the know how to break it up....Duh is that what the edit button is for?I'm not very computer savvy so i need help here.I really appreciate you people, so glad i found this board. atiledsner.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

If you already do that I don't know what else.Linda
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

If you are hitting the return key and it is showing a paragraph break, but when you post it isn't, I don't know what the problem would be.

You could use HTML code for a paragraph break, which is < p > then at the end of your post, close all the breaks out by putting < /p > without any spaces between anything.

However, Tech Support may not want you to use the HTML on the board. That is up to them.

You can email Tech Support by going to the blue Contact Us at the bottom of the board and click on that and then you can click on Tech Support and send them an email from there. You give the email address that you signed up with at Pro Health.

I wrote my profile and used the HTML codes, but I got too much space between my paragraphs and am too lazy to change it. lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. KelB

KelB New Member

Hi there.

The Edit button is there so that you can go back at any time and alter something you've already posted.

To put a break into an existing post, you need to:

- Open the post
    - Click the Edit option
    - Click your cursor so that its where you want the break to be
    - Press the Enter key on your keyboard twice.
    - Save your modified post

Try that and let us know if you still have a problem.

Cheers
    Kel
  5. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

(I have copied your reply and hit "Enter" twice after periods where paragraphs could be separated.)

"Even when i make the breaks by computer the paragraph still comes up in long form.

I had put a challenge on the board.It was long because it was very detailed.

This really works and I wanted to share it with many.I didn't have the know how to break it up....Duh is that what the edit button is for?

I'm not very computer savvy so i need help here.I really appreciate you people, so glad i found this board. atiledsner."