How do I read the Western Blot Test????

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Chootik, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi All.

I just got back my results for the Western Blot Test and here they are:

IGM Positive- I had 2 ++ bands and 2 IND bands and 4 + bands.

IGG Negatve- I had 4 IND bands and 1 ++ band.

So my question is WHAT DO THESE MEAN???

I'm kinda confused. The doc that tested me has no clue and I have an appointment with a Lyme Doc but that's in about 3 weeks.

So I was hoping one of you guys could help out.

Thanks so much, this is totally new to me... I didn't even think I had Lyme... now this! I've had CFS for 3 years and thought I'd test.

Thanks for your help.
    Chootik
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I can never remember the differences, hopefully someone will come along and be able to answer this.

Igenex does have a home page; I believe they totally explain their tests. Also, there's a search box up above, you could try putting some of the terms in it and see what has been explained.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I am brain-dead tonight...

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 10/01/2006]
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

But from my conversations with my lyme doc and reading other peoples posting on other lyme boards. A test result such as yours plus all your symptoms should be a slam dunk lyme diagnosis.

I would look at it as a positive thing as at least you know what is keeping you so ill and with the right doctor you can start your recovery.

4. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

I would see if I could see the Dr sooner or get your reg DR to start Doxy. If your tests came from Igenex...well they are suppose to be the best BUT a lot of people test Positive there so who knows but the LLMD
  5. Chootik

Chootik New Member

I did some research and it seems some people with Chronic Lyme don't show an IGG positive response because it could be that the the active Lyme just keeps producing IGM Antibodies and not IGG!

Honestly, I don't know. I also have Chronic EBV so not sure if my symptoms are from that or Lyme?

I guess I'll get some answeres when I go visit the Lyme Doc.

Thanks again.

Chootik